- RSS loading...
"$1.3 Million: TournEvent of Champions - Where & When to Play" (June 2016 issue)
We're catching up with these gaming guides quite well, aren't we? Apparently, folks and the Gaming Guide employees themselves didn't think we'd read and collect these for show. First time for everything, but we also specialize in venturing into an avenue that's not often talked about and/or covered. Now you know where we come in!
At least the cover for this issue looks much better, compared to the month of May 2016 issue featuring that eerie-eyed woman. Since this is the June 2016 issue, the celebration of Father's Day and the start of the summer season were all very much the topics of coverage. However, it's a time like this when you may want to check on in anyway since there are some surprises that may just pop up at these casinos.
A). Seven Things Not To Miss In June (page 6)
1. Lexus RC 350 Giveaways at Chumash Casino Resort
It may be the 2016 release of the car, but let me tell you something: This is an incredibly nice-looking car. I've personally test drove a Lexus once and that's it. Only exclusive to Club Indulge members.
2. Carnival Craze at Sycuan Casino
Sycuan keeping busy with their events and themes, this time with a carnival feel to it. Club members can win up to $5,000. Will Pennywise from the movie IT show up?
3. Barona Fair at Barona Resort Casino
This sounds like a job fair but it's another contest for members wanting to get more chances to more than double their points and winnings. They made mention of food giveaways and people parties. Forget the people, I'll take the food, please.
4. BMW 328i Giveaway at Valley View Casino & Hotel
Something tells me that Valley View Casino is Sycuan's biggest competitor; I don't know why I feel that way. Anyway, Valley View says they'll pay the taxes and license to the winner of this car. Exclusive to members of the Players Club.
5. Win a Trip to Switzerland in Passport Around the World at Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa and Spa Resort Casino
Sounds ambitious but it's true: You could win a trip for two to Switzerland. Paradise Club members have the opportunity to win this treasure trove of a prize, to explore one of the countries known for their cheese! Okay, you get the joke, but I mean it's one of those countries many people don't often think of when traveling to Europe (compared to UK, Italy, France, Germany). No kidding: This sounds like a great contest.
6. You're in Charge Poker Cars & Cash Giveaway at Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
Interesting name for a contest involving poker. Since you are 'in charge,' the winner of the contest gets...a 2016 Dodge Charger plus $6,000. Secondary winners win cash prizes of up to $500. I can't see any other reason being 'in charge' than partaking in this. Another unique and cool contest from Agua Caliente!
7. Tierra/Malo "Live & Up Close" at Sycuan Casino on June 17th
Finally, some music! Latin bands which happen to feature, one of my personal favorites, Carlos Santana. I get the feeling that Sycuan is hoping to become The Orleans Hotel & Casino, while casinos like Valley View hopes to become the Caesar's Palace. I can't guarantee that's the likelihood of these casinos' rapid growths, but we can only hope.
B). June 2016 Gaming News (pages 10, 12 & 14)
Before I begin, the side of this page says "June 2016 Gaming News (Continued)". I turned back the pages of the guide and saw no page where the gaming news started, then going to page 10, it continued where it left off. Very odd, but anyway.
- Valley View Casino & Hotel Unveils Main Casino and High Limit Expansion
I visited Valley View Casino back in October 2016 with my girlfriend, and can honestly prove this. The casino floor is clean and very festive, knowing the owners did a wonderful job with the expanding. Along with this expansion is something you don't often see in Las Vegas casinos: One gaming section for smoking, and the other for non-smoking. Well that's a relief because I wouldn't want to sit at a blackjack table knowing some middle-aged man is puffing a $30 cigarette smoke in my face while grinning over the fact that his card-counting technique hasn't gotten him banned from the casino. I hate smoking and will always hate smoking. Why? I'm not a fan of cancer.
- Celebrate Father's Day at the Casino
Perhaps the contests giving away cars is the sole reason to make Father's Day a perfect day for dads to come hang out at the casinos. If you're lucky enough to know that winning a car makes the perfect treat to give to yourself, you may as well press your luck and take a chance!
- Bingo Players Win Big at Sycuan Casino
Seems like bingo is the game to play since the biggest winner of multi-progressive bingo went home with close to $100,000 (yes, I'm serious). However, when I think of bingo, I think of my dear, sweet grandmother. Although she has won a modest fortune at bingo, I wanted to see her strike it big the time I finally turned 21. It never happened sadly, but she likely wouldn't be shy at showing her happiness through the picture had she won a big jackpot like $100,000. (The winner of that huge prize was a woman named Ella D. of El Cajon—a local of Sycuan Casino.)
- Get in on the $50,000 Sizzlin Summer Slot Tournament at Valley View Casino & Hotel
With Valley View teaming up with Everi™, anyone can participate in taking their chances in winning big money! Although winners who are able to win from $25 to $10,000, the top players will compete for the grand prize. I'll never forget when I attended my first slot tournament, I thought my fingers were going to fall off my hand from pressing the button so much. That slot tournament I attended was at the Sahara Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. Good experience, however.
C). $1.3 Million TournEvent of Champions: Will You Be the 2016 Slot Tournament Champ? (pages 16 & 17)
Like that Monopoly contest that was held by McDonald's, I always wondered if anyone was that lucky enough to win a big prize like this. I say so because you almost never hear about it, which is understandable since the winner likely wants some privacy and not become a target of the greedy thieves. Nevertheless, you can't help but think is there really a winner in these tournaments, until SCGG wrote a fantastic two-page article covering just that.
It is with respect that we send our congratulations to Rita K. for winning the $1,000,000 prize! She didn't have to be casted on a TV game show either, but man, I wish winning were that easy. That's what makes gaming a challenge but fun, right?
D). Slot Tournament Basics: Fun Competitive Play (page 24 & 25)
Look at these suggestions:
"Be sure nothing distracts you?" I figured there's always that one person who can't help but make time to check their cell phone. I found that quite humorous, nonetheless.
E). Southern California Gaming Guide BIG WINNERS! (page 31)
- Ella from El Cajon Won $97,473 on Bingo's Blue MP Jackpot at SYCUAN CASINO
- Ace from San Diego Won $22,840 Playing Asia Poker at BARONA RESORT & CASINO
- Alyessa Won $25,000 in Bingo's Mother's Day Madness at SYCUAN CASINO
- Jennell Won a $9,000 Jackpot Playing Triple Diamond at CHUMASH CASINO RESORT
- Denise Won $16,045 Playing Bingo Double Action at SYCUAN CASINO
- Theresa Won $9,488 Playing Whales of Cash at CHUMASH CASINO RESORT
- Michelle from Alpine Won a $24,857 Jackpot Playing at SYCUAN CASINO
- Maurice from La Mesa Won $15,160 Playing Let It Ride at BARONA RESORT & CASINO
- Ray Won a $12,500 Playing Quick Hit Platinum at SYCUAN CASINO
Congratulations to the big winners in the month of June ! That Ella is one lucky woman; Same said about Rita K. winning that slot tournament.
That wraps up the June 2016 issue!
Credits to TheGamingGuide.com for the information and for the [June 2016] issue of Southern California Gaming Guide. Game on!
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.