- RSS loading...
Honeyduke's Sweet Crystals
Despite the high grams of sugar, this treat is a memorable choice to snack on from the famous Wizarding World of Happy Potter at Universal Studios theme park.
Oh good, I'm glad this review has given you a reason to visit Universal Studios Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Hollywood, California. Yes, this sweet treat can only be obtained in the theme park of Wizarding World at the Honeyduke's store. That store will surely trigger your sweet tooth, whether you're a Harry Potter fan or not.
I was perplexed since these come in a pack of 3 sticks, but wondered if you just eat it as is or if it's hard candy. Due to the "rocky" finish of the sticks, I found that it's sugar....on a stick.
The way to eat this is to either lick or suck (no, not like that!) until the sugar crystals can be bitten and chewed up. Very much, it's like lollipop but extremely sweet. Coming from someone who can handle spicy, sweet, salty, tangy and hot foods, I'm not kidding: it's too sweet for me. The taste? If you read the ingredients, it's all sugar and food coloring. It would be nice to have some fruit flavors to keep the taste natural. Then again, that's not what it's about, but still, it's crazy sweet for me.
In that case, this is best for those with a very low-sugar diet and need a little balance. This is best as a snack to get your through the day, in case you're not a coffee drinker. If you really want something sweet but keen, I'd rather chug down a cup of Butterbeer (I personally like my Butterbeer frozen).
Treats like this are good for kids as well, giving them their sugar boost. Other than that, it's alright, and only costs $3. Given the time it took me to finish one stick, it took a long while because of how sweet it is. Also, your saliva may run through the coloring of the stick, dripping down to your hands and fingers. Be careful, the coloring is sticky and will stain your clothes.
All in all, it's a fun treat, and I recommend it while you're at Wizarding World. Oh, and drink some Butterbeer and line up for the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey thrill ride. YOU CAN'T COMPLETE YOUR UNIVERSAL STUDIOS TRIP WITHOUT RIDING THAT HARRY POTTER RIDE. No, seriously, it's mandatory, and you'll have the best time of your life. I promise you.
- Truly a sweet treat that's great for kids.
- For adults, the sugar content is astoundingly high.
|Bar Code Number||4 00012 36183 8|
|Net Weight||2.4 OZ (67g)|
|Distributed by||Universal Parks & Resorts,
1000 Universal Studios Plaza, Orlando, FL 32819
|Serving Size||1 stick (22g)|
|Servings Per Pack||3|
|Total Fat||0g - 0%|
|Saturated Fat||0g - 0%|
|Cholesterol||0mg - 0%|
|Sodium||0mg - 0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||22g - 7%|
|Ingredients||Cane Sugar, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Blue 1, Red 3, Red 40, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 2 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Blue 1 Lake|
|Other||Not a significant source of dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ Universal Studios™
™ & Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K. Rowling (s16)
Made in U.S.A.
MORE FOOD REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.