- RSS loading...
JELL-O Gelatin Dessert (Orange)
The orange taste will lighten up your taste buds. This brand of gelatin has impressed foodies and the home cook for so many years. It has been the go-to brand for various flavors of gelatin, either as a stand-alone dessert or as an ingredient.
JELL-O® doesn't need any introduction whatsoever. Just like the word "Google," the world's most popular, most visited search engine website, the word "JELL-O" has been indebted into our lingual/verbal vernacular to relate to a product or service to bring about a point we try to convey. It's been used and shared endlessly, coming from the word "gelatin."
There really isn't much to say about JELL-O other than the fact it simply tastes good. With a variety of ways to prepare JELL-O, it succinctly can be best referred to as the most versatile food product known to Man. Whether you prepare it as a treat for kids, or make "JELL-O Shots," the possibilities keep growing and growing.
Because the contents are pretty large, be wary of how much water you add. If the water added is less than the required amount, the gelatin becomes too thick and may take time for your body to digest it. Worse, a lot of it may cause heartburn (yeah, it's one of those kinds of foods). Other than that, the orange flavor is superb.
Like the Royal® Gelatin, it does say "Artificial Flavor" on the front of the box but it's a bit more subtle. Still, picky shoppers/eaters wouldn't want to be detracted knowing that what they're about to purchase/eat isn't natural. Besides all that, you can't go wrong with a box of JELL-O. Try using orange juice instead of water to prepare this!
- A classic brand delivering one of the best tasting gelatin for many years.
- Usage of the word "artificial" on the front of the box.
|Item||Gelatin Dessert - Orange|
|Bar Code Number||0 43000 20054 4|
|Net Weight||6 OZ (170g)|
|Distributed / Manufactured by||Kraft Foods Group, Inc.
Northfield, IL 60093-2753 USA
© Kraft Foods
|Directions||• 2 Cups Boiling Water
• 2 Cups Cold Water
ADD boiling water to gelatin mix; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. STIR in cold water. REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until firm. Store in refrigerator. Makes 8 (½-cup) servings.
Speed-Set Method: DISSOLVE gelatin mix in 1-½ cups boiling water. ADD ice to 1 cup cold water to make 2-½ cups. Stir into gelatin until slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice. REFRIGERATE 30 to 90 min. or until firm.
To Add Fruit or Vegetables
REFRIGERATE dissolved gelatin 1-½ to 3 cups chopped fruit or vegetables (well drained, if using canned). Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
NOTE: Do not use fresh or frozen pineapple, kiwi, gingerroot, papaya, figs or guava. Gelatin will not set.
|Serving Size||1/8 package (22g) [makes ½ cup]|
|Servings Per Pack||8|
|Calories from Fat||--|
|Total Fat||0g - 0%|
|Saturated Fat||0g - 0%|
|Sodium||80mg - 0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||19g - 6%|
|Protein||2g - 0%|
|Ingredients||Sugar, Gelatin, Adipic Acid (For Tartness), Contains Less Than 2% Of Natural And Artificial Flavor, Disodium Phosphate And Sodium Citrate (Control Acidity), Fumaric Acid (For Tartness), Yellow 6, Red 40, BHA(Preservative).|
|Other||Not a significant source of calories from fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron.|
MORE FOOD REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.