- RSS loading...
Kroger Hot Crunchy Cheese Curls
Although the minus didn't affect our final score, these hot chips will make itself known as one of the best alternatives from the popular brand. The pieces themselves truly define that crunch taste as you eat. The application of the spices may be a bit much, but it depends on the bag.
If you like it, reproduce your own.
Doubtful that may be the reason why Kroger® released their own line of snacks coinciding with CHEETOS® but something is nice about this. Depending what area, city and/or state you live in, you'll find that these delicious black bags are priced much lower than that of CHEETOS®. It doesn't mean the taste is cheap, and it sure as heck doesn't mean it's low quality.
Prior to their bag redesign, I found the taste to be spicy, delicious but overboard in terms of spices. My dear, sweet sister actually prefers it like that, however, it can be too much for me. Also, depending how much heat you can handle, it's right up there with Cheetos' XXTRA Flamin' Hot Crunchy chips. As for the pieces themselves, Kroger wasn't kidding about the "crunchy" part. The crunchiness is blunt and firm—that blissful quality under the force you give your teeth in, ripping the molecular fibers of the crunch in the food in shreds, making you feel like you're giving your jaw a nice workout. I love that feeling, and crunchy food fans will find this an exciting trip.
After the new redesign, featuring a cheese curl doing stand-up, the flavors were cut down, I'd say, about 20%. The spicy heat was cut down too much to the point where it's "just tasty." The quality of the crunchiness is still there though. In addition, this brand is also less greasy as well.
Compared to the XXTRA Hot, this brand is crazy with its sodium content (about 70mg more than Cheetos XXTRA Hot). Despite the low price, it packs a wallop for those conscious about their salt intake. If anything, these chips are best served with something sweet. Snacking on this bag by itself is up to you, just be sure to clean it up with a brisk, bottle of beer, or water.
Advice to Kroger: Increase the heat, lower the sodium. Advice to you: give it a try!
- Excellent taste of the chips, as the heat is tolerable and not too overbearing. Great alternative from the popular, mainstream brands out there.
- For some reason, Ralph's stopped having these in their stock. Unless you have a local Kroger supermarket, this is only available online.
|Item||Hot Crunchy Cheese Curls|
|Description||Made with Real Cheese
Hey FOLKS, is it HOT in here or is it just ME? But seriously, it's so hot around here I just saw a chicken lay a hard-boiled egg! NOW THAT'S CHEESY!
It's all in the delivery!
Our main stage hot crunchy cheese curls deliver big time FLAVOR!
Grab your seats, and get ready for some crunchy, cheesy, snack-out-loud MUNCHING!
|Bar Code Number||0 11110 10161 7|
|Net Weight||7 OZ (198g)|
|Distributed by||The Kroger Co., Cincinnati, Ohio 45202|
|Serving Size||¾ cup (30g)|
|Servings Per Container||about 7|
|Calories from Fat||80|
|Total Fat||9g - 14%|
|Saturated Fat||1.5g - 8%|
|Cholesterol||0g - 0%|
|Sodium||300mg - 13%|
|Total Carbohydrate||18g - 6%|
|Dietary Fiber||1g - 4%|
|Ingredients||Corn Meal, Vegetable Oil, (Corn, Soybean, Canola and/or Sunflower Oil), Maltodextrin, Salt, Corn Starch, Cheddar & Blue Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Salt, Cheese Culture, Enzymes, Annatto [For Color]), Whey, Yeast Extract, Sugar, Red 40 Lake, Citric Acid, Dextrose, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Lactose, Sodium Diacetate, Spice Extractives, Butter (Cream, Salt), Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Disodium Inosinate & Disodium Guanylate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Malic Acid, Acetic Acid, Lactic Acid, Natural Flavor, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6, Yellow 5.|
We promise products your family will love every time. If you are not delighted, let us know. We will make it right with a replacement or refund at your store.
800-632-6900 • www.kroger.com
MORE FOOD REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Hi Cynthia! Thanks for your comment! Glad you asked because we contacted Kroger about it back in January 2021. According to Kroger Customer Connect, this snack has officially been discontinued due to poor sales. However, if demand is high enough, it may just show up on stores again. You can email or call Kroger about it so they're aware. We'd like to see these snacks again too! -Kris