- RSS loading...
Larry the Cable Guy Triple Cheese Cheeseburger Dinner
This dinner may not give you a small-town accent, but it will satisfy your stomach for the entire day/night.
If you remember way back in 2004, comedian Larry the Cable Guy was part of the Blue Collar Tour with other small-town jokesters like Jeff Foxworthy. Later then, Larry the Cable Guy started doing commercials related to philanthropy. As the years went on, I hadn't noticed there existed a product with his name on it until recently this 2021 year. I do want to give a shoutout to my former high school classmate Brenden Greco when one of our teachers asked who we thought was one of the funniest people we enjoyed listening to and/or watching that time. Why? Brenden, out loud, answered "Larry the Cable Guy!" That response stuck with me after high school, and here we are!
Immediately, you'll think this is just another imitation of the famous Hamburger Helper, and while you are correct, the preparation for this dinner isn't any different. In my technique, I prepare the pasta separately—that is, using another pot to boil the pasta, before adding it to the sauce mixture. While theoretically (yes, I said that) you can cook the uncooked pasta in the sauce to tenderize, I find that it takes longer. Also, given that this is pasta, it eats up liquid, causing the sauce to dry up. This requires adding more water and milk into the mixture which may loosen out the flavors from the packet included with it. All this was mentioned on the back of the box, and while following the instructions is fine, I'd recommend cooking the pasta in boiling water separately, then marrying them together once it's cooked: Draining and pouring the cooked pasta into the finished sauce.
I love the taste of this. It seems to be a little less salty than the popular brand mentioned above. The tender flavors of the cheeseburger really brightens up the ground meat (assuming you've cooked it thoroughly). It's a skillet dinner that'll satisfy your stomach for the rest of the day/night. Even for a big foodie like myself, who eats large portions, this meal will make your stomach smile. Heck, eating this for lunch will last you through your entire school/work day. It's very simple and very delicious, and it still tastes great as a leftover the next day.
I can't think of any critiques about this product, but purchasing this does go to a good cause—the Git-R-Done Foundation. With that said, not only are you helping the foundation that Larry the Cable Guy is behind, but you're getting a simple meal fit for your hunger. It's delicious and we highly recommend it! (Since my sister is a huge Charles Barkley fan, we hope "The Chuckster" gets a chance to try out some of Larry's food products, since Barkley lists Larry the Cable Guy as one of the funniest comedians ever.)
Read more about Larry the Cable Guy via Wikipedia and/or his official website!
- Larry the Cable Guy.
- Excellent meal, whose purchase goes to a good cause.
- Also comes in Stroganoff.
- Simple preparation (we recommend cooking the pasta separately).
- This is as humble a product as you can get.
|Brand||Larry the Cable Guy|
|Item||Triple Cheese Cheeseburger Dinner|
ADD GROUND BEEF
Larry the Cable Guy: "You gotta try it!"
Ready in 15 Minutes
MADE IN A PEANUT FREE FACILITY
there is nothing like makin'
a nice dinner in one pan!
Makes for easy clean up!
All you really need
are some forks and
a fine box of wine!
|Bar Code Number||8 54510 00382 8|
|Net Weight||5.2 OZ (147g)|
|Manufactured for||American Mills International by Bektrom Foods, Inc.
502 Main Ave., Colgate, ND 58046
|Preparation Instructions||YOU WILL NEED:
1 Pount Ground Beef * 2 Cups Milk 1 Cup Hot Water
1. Brown Ground Beef * in a 10-inch skillet and drain.
2. Stir in Milk, Hot Water, Seasoning Packet and Pasta.
3. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 10 minutes until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from heat and uncover. Sauce will thicken as it stands. Stir before serving.
* Ground turkey, chicken or pork can be used instead of beef.
• ½ cup sour cream
• 1 cup mixed vegetables
• 4 oz. can mushrooms, drained
• Sprinkle with cheese
1. Crumble Ground Beef in a 2-quart microwaveable casserole dish.
2. Microwave uncovered on HIGH for 3-5 minutes, breaking up beef after 3 minutes, until brown; drain.
3. Stir in Milk, Hot Water, Seasoning Packet and Pasta. Stir thoroughly.
4. Microwave uncovered on HIGH for 10-12 minutes until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
Casserole will be hot. Let stand uncovered for 5 minutes until sauce thickens. Stir before serving.
|Product Number||15-LCG-1021 REV 3(????)|
|Serving Size||1/5 package (30g)|
|Servings Per Container||5|
|Calories||As packaged: 100
As prepared: 320
|Total Fat||As packaged: 0.5g - 1%
As prepared: 13g - 17%
|Saturated Fat||As packaged: 0g - 0%
As prepared: 5g - 27%
|Trans Fat||As packaged: 0g
As prepared: 0.5g
|Cholesterol||As packaged: 0mg - 0%
As prepared: 65mg - 21%
|Sodium||As packaged: 750mg - 32%
As prepared: 850mg - 37%
|Total Carb.||As packaged: 21g - 8%
As prepared: 26g - 9%
|Dietary Fiber||As packaged: <1g - 2%
As prepared: <1g - 2%
|Total Sugars||As packaged: <1g
As prepared: <1g
|Includes Added Sugars||As packaged: 0g - 0%
As prepared: 0g - 0%
|Protein||As packaged: 3g
As prepared: 23g
|Vitamin D||As packaged: 0mcg - 0%
As prepared: 1mcg - 4%
|Calcium||As packaged: 0mg - 0%
As prepared: 155mg - 10%
|Iron||As packaged: 0.9mg - 4%
As prepared: 2.6mg - 15%
|Potassium||As packaged: 0mg - 0%
As prepared: 477mg - 10%
|Ingredients||ENRICHED PASTA (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), SEASONING (ENRICHED FLOUR [WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID], CORN STARCH, SALT, WHEY, MALTODEXTRIN, HYDROLYZED CORN PROTEIN, CHEESE [CHEDDAR, PARMESAN, BLUE (PASTEURIZED MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES)], SOYBEAN OIL, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, COLOR ADDED [YELLOW #5 LAKE, YELLOW #6 LAKE, YELLOW #5, YELLOW #6], YEAST EXTRACT, LACTIC ACID, CITRIC ACID, BUTTER OIL, SODIUM CASEINATE, DISODIUM INOSINATE, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, NON-FAT DRY MILK, CALCIUM CASEINATE, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM CITRATE).
CONTAINS: MILK, WHEAT AND SOY.
MAY CONTAIN: EGG.
You should try my
Spicy Chicken Batter
Beer Batter for Fish
Cheesy Tuna Dinner
Deluxe Mac & Cheese with
*Selection may vary by retailer
EACH PURCHASE SUPPORTS
LARRY THE CABLE GUY'S™
MORE FOOD REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.