- RSS loading...
Nathan's Famous Skinless Beef Franks
These hot dogs won't make you feel guilty, as you'll enjoy the classic taste this brand has been known for. To residents unfamiliar with the brand, these rival the popular Dodger Dogs.
Finally, it's here, ladies and gentlemen: hot dogs for everyone to enjoy! If you're a local or originally from the Big Apple, here's lookin' at you: Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs!
Let me say this: if it wasn't for Travel Channel's super old program titled "Top 10 Eating Contests," I wouldn't have known about these. Honestly, I wouldn't. In that program, they listed the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest at #1. Of course, I mean, when was the last time you remembered seeing an odd "athlete" chug down 50+ hot dogs in less than 12 minutes? Of course, the rules changed and Major League Eating looked back at the history books to find out the historic contest was 10 minutes long. Still, can you eat 70 of these hot dogs in 10 minutes? Ask Joey Chestnut and/or Matt Stonie....or Takeru Kobayashi.
Some are thinking what the hype is all about; after all, it's "just" a hot dog. Nope, not at all. When you read the label "skinless," they're not kidding. The taste puts you directly to the heart of the food: tender, no-joke meat with a little chew. A lot of folks worry about the casing and the casing taking days for the stomach to digest, but you don't have to worry about it here. All meat, no surprises—don't you love know that, when all you have to worry about is filling your stomach?
That being the plus, here's the one minus. Depending on preparation, it can be a bit salty. Normally, hot dogs contain a chunk of sodium, so depending on your saline consumption, one or two of these should be enough. Of course, you usually eat hot dogs with buns, so the bun, along with what ever condiments you want with it, should balance out the saltiness of the hot dogs. That's very much it.
Now, since folks like me are way too busy to travel to wonderful places in the country and the world (God, I really want to), you can get a taste of New York cuisine at the comfort of your own home with these! Perfect for your lunch at work/school, and/or your next viewing parties whether it's the Super Bowl, March Madness, NBA Finals, NHL Stanley Cup Finals....eat it up!
- Tender and beefy quality proves its "fame" for so many years, even used during their annual eating contest. Bun length also available.
|Item||Skinless 8 Beef Franks|
|Description||The Original Nathan's Famous 100th Anniversary|
|Bar Code Number||8 88313 91499 9|
|Net Weight||14 OZ (396g)|
|Serving Size||1 frank (50g)|
|Servings per Container||8|
|Total Fat||15g - 23%|
|Saturated Fat||6g - 30%|
|Cholesterol||30mg - 10%|
|Sodium||550mg - 23%|
|Total Carbohydrate||1g - 0%|
|Fiber||0g - 0%|
|Ingredients||Beef, Water, Contains 2% or Less of Salt, Sorbitol, Sodium Lactate, Natural Flavorings, Sodium Phosphates, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Paprika, Sodium Diacetate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrate.|
|Distributed by||John Morrell & Co.
P.O. Box 405020
Cincinnati, OH 45240
|Other||Under License from
Nathan's Famous Systems, Inc.
Jericho, NY 11753
U.S. INSPECTED AND PASSED BY DEPARTMENT AGRICULTURE
MORE FOOD REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.