- RSS loading...
Private Selection Mango Passion Fruit Sorbet
Truly one of the best sorbet in the market currently. The fruit flavors and the quality of the food itself is tough to ignore, and tough to beat. Marks as one of our favorite products out there.
I found this little gem for clearance. I'm not sure if they were trying to rid this because of overstock or what, but since it was ice cream, I couldn't take my eyes off it.
Personally, it's rare that I purchase an ice cream-related treat of this size (I often buy either a half-gallon or a gallon). However, because it's a flavor that isn't as common, and since it was for clearance price, I thought "why not?"
Mango Passion Fruit Sorbet flavored ice cream—a flavor that makes me feel like a single woman in a sweets-related commercial, relaxing on a $900 white, leather couch, with the windows open as the night breeze blows in, while my cat glances at me wondering if the little monster itself wants a taste of what I'm eating. That's what came to mind when I ate this off the carton. (Me? I have a crazy imagination? Thank you, and that's why this website still attracts viewers/readers/fans.) I don't know what eating this makes you feel like, but I like to hear it; Tell us in the comments section below.
Those who love the tangy taste of the passionfruit will love this unique flavor. The best part, despite its contents, is it's not too sweet; The whole sorbet is good enough to where you don't feel guilty and no discomfort when digested (unless you eat this on an empty stomach, which, I strongly don't recommend). Because of the small carton, the moment you finish it makes you wish you had more of it—a bottomless sorbet. No, but really, it's a taste that's hard to resist.
The tanginess of this sorbet, which produces that lip-smacking sound after you take a scoop in, may be a minus to those with a sensitive stomach, so dine wisely. Nevertheless, it's a great flavor to try! Just try not to down the whole thing in one sitting, unless your sorbet has turned into juice already. Perhaps the grocery store's price was the reason why this ended up for clearance sale, because even if it seems like a 'specialty' item, it's only sorbet. Nobody wants to buy 1 pint of ice cream for $6, regardless of the brand. The flavor is good and that's all the average consumer cares about, let alone good packaging, honest with the nutritional information, freshly made, neatly packaged, and reasonably priced.
Anyway, there are other flavors of sorbet under Private Selection but this is a review for this Passion Fruit flavor. Taste the richness of this sorbet, while feeling rich (yeah, that was a cheesy phrase).
Oh, and careful not to stain your $900 white, leather couch.
- Fresh-tasting sorbet leaving you with a craving for more. The passion fruit flavor is about right, and not too strong.
|Item||Mango Passion Fruit Sorbet|
|Description||Our Private Selection™ Mango Passion Fruit Sorbet blends sweet mango and juicy passion fruit flavors into a refreshing treat for a truly sublime indulgence.
The Private Selection journey rewards your sense of good taste. Inspired by food artisans and crafted with authentic ingredients and tantalizing recipes, each Private Selection offering is sure to feed your passion for gourmet foods. Learn more at www.privateselection.com
|Bar Code Number||0 11110 02351 3|
|Net Weight||16 FL OZ. (1 PT) 473mL|
|Product Number||76-1883 / 72-4271|
|Distributed by||The Kroger Co.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
|Serving Size||½ cup (106g)|
|Servings per Container||4|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0g - 0%|
|Saturated Fat||0g - 0%|
|Cholesterol||0mg - 0%|
|Sodium||0mg - 0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||33g - 11%|
|Dietary Fiber||0g - 0%|
|Ingredients||Water, Sugar, Mango, Passion Fruit Concentrate, Pectin, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Guar Gum, Annatto (Color).|
We invite you to share our passion for exceptional culinary experiences.
If we fail to meet your expectations, we will replace the product or refund your money. 800-632-6900 or www.kroger.com
MORE FOOD REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.