- RSS loading...
Popeyes Bayou Buffalo Sauce
This packet is a must-have when ordering from popular restaurant chain Popeyes. The bright, tangy taste will bring a solid bite to your chicken or any other dishes you apply it to.
You can tell, this is a review of a sauce packet found from Popeyes Kitchen restaurant. (We did a podcast episode about Popeyes on FOODSOTROS show FoodCenter.) This sauce may not see a grocery item release anytime soon but it's worth a review. Oh, by the way, happy 2017!
What ever chicken-related platter you order, you have a choice of sauce(s) to compliment your meal. I often get this sauce, along with ranch. Being Bayou Buffalo, expect this to have a spicy kick which it does and gives to your chicken. Some may feel this should be referred to as "hot sauce," but I feel it's more along the lines of the popular sauce Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Yes, it's spicy but good spicy—hot enough where you don't need to call the firefighters to put out the flames off your mouth.
Reason not being rated a full 100% is because there are times when the packets contain sauce that lack flavor, and/or lack the spicy kick. It's a strange thing but when I'm really hungry, I can breeze through a full packet happily, or I leave the sauce untouched due to its bland taste. As lopsided as it can be sometimes, it still brings a bright flavor to your dish.
Other than that, give it a try!
- Great tangy taste that brightens up your taste buds and the food you eat. While only available at Popeyes restaurant, we recommend releasing their own retail bottle of this sauce.
- Since there's no way to tell the packet contents, some packets lack the tangy flavor.
- Packaging preparation may indicate uneven distribution of the sauce's flavors.
|Item||Bayou Buffalo Sauce|
|Bar Code number||--|
|Net Weight||1 oz. (28g)|
|Product Number||2320 (????)|
|Servings per Container||--|
|Calories From Fat||--|
|Ingredients||Hot Sauce (Aged Cayenne Red Peppers, Distilled Vinegar, Water, Salt, Garlic Powder), Water, Soybean Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Food Starch-Modified, Extractives of Paprika, Garlic Powder, Natural Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Caramel Color, Propylene Glycol Alginate, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Citric Acid, Calcium Disodium EDTA To Protect Flavor.|
|Other||Packed for Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Atlanta GA 30346
©2012 AFC Enterprises, Inc.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.