- RSS loading...
"Tetris 2" (Game Boy)
Sequel to the most popular title of all time. Its color tile-matching poses a fresh, new challenge to fans, similar to other popular puzzle game Dr. Mario.
The sequel to the popular classic Tetris has finally arrived and comes with a bigger challenge and twist.
While the premise is very much similar, changes have been made to this release. This time, white, black and grey blocks are scattered on the board and your job is to eliminate the blocks using the random Tetris blocks to match with, and eliminate. If anything, killing off the blinking blocks, erases ALL the blocks of that particular color thus itching closer to beating the level. The rounds get more difficult, with more blocks showing up and scattered about on the board.
The graphics are really nice, though relatively similar to Tetris with some added gradients. The music is quite catchy but it's okay; According to my research, none of the tracks represent any classical music, namely from the Russian musical library.
Playing this game reminds me a lot of the classic Dr. Mario. Maybe because I'm terrible at this game, but this sequel is the most confusing yet frustrating game I have played to this date. I'm so used to trying to get the WHOLE block to match the white/black/grey blocks but some are not fully detached from the clumps of pieces you're forced to play with on the game. Either that, or I'm still stuck on the Dr. Mario style of gameplay.
I haven't seen very much time attack or high scoring videos based off this game, compared to its predecessor. For me personally, it was too mind-boggling which may be misconstrued as shown by my rating for this game. Now, yes, I understand that just because you're terrible at playing a game doesn't mean it's bad. However, if you have a copy of this game, or decide to play it via emulation, you'll be a tad bit confused as I was. Then again, perhaps you'll pick it up no problem, or you'll turn the system off and move on to another game. Whatever the case, it wasn't impressive for me.
While most Tetris fans will find this new challenge a unique and fun one, there are some which may not find this as enjoyable as the puzzle game(s) we're all so used to playing. It all depends on how you take in this game's challenge, but while I love a good challenge, this style of play was too unusual for me to take in. Any of those who feel the same, ought to stick to the original Tetris and/or stick with the other classic Dr. Mario.
- Nice sequel to the popular mega-hit classic.
- New challenge to both casual and big fans of the series.
- Not as memorable as the first one.
- The new gameplay may not appeal to many.
- Has similarities to Dr. Mario and Puyo Puyo/Kirby's Avalanche.
- Its complexities can confuse gamers during gameplay.
|Game Title||Tetris 2|
|Description||Take On a Tougher Tetris Challenge!
Be a puzzle prodigy!
The mesmerizing fun of Tetris returns — and the challenge escalates to new heights! Test your dexterity, tease your brain and rack up points with Tetris 2. Your split-second decisions lead you to a new dimension in puzzle solving action!
• For 1 or 2 Players.
• Line-up three blocks of the same shade and vroosh! — they explode.
• Special puzzle game with 30 levels of brain-teasing fun!
• A tougher Tetris with more shapes, more levels, more special moves and more ways to win big!
If you loved the international game sensation Tetris, you'll be wild for the newest dimension in puzzle fun: Tetris 2!
|The Birth of a New Tetris||Tetris 2 is a new addition to the family of puzzle games that began with the megahit, Tetris.
Tetris 2 consists of black, white and grey blocks. In the original Tetris game, the object was to erase the blocks by arranging them horizontally across the screen. In Tetris 2, your goal is to arrange three blocks of the same color vertically or horizontally. This will cause the set of three blocks to disappear.
While maintaining the "simple, but fun" tradition that began with the original Tetris, Tetris 2 moves ahead as a game that is even more challenging and fun to play.
|ISBN / Bar Code number||0 45496 73033 8|
|Video Format||1.33:1 (4:3) Full screen|
|Audio Format||Mono (Stereo via Super Game Boy)|
|Rated||K-A - Kids to Adults|
|Released||June 1994 (JP), December 1993 (US), October 1994 (EU)|
|Video Specification||Monochrome (Color via Super Game Boy)|
|Developed by||ELORG / Bullet-Proof Software / Alexey Pajitnov|
|Company||ELORG / Bullet-Proof Software / Alexey Pajitnov|
|Product / Item / Catalog Number||31105 / DMG P EH|
|Copyright||TM AND ® ARE TRADEMARKS OF NINTENDO OF AMERICA INC.
© 1993 NINTENDO OF AMERICA INC.
★© 1987 ELORG.
TETRIS 2 IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF ELORG. TETRIS 2 LICENSED TO BULLET-PROOF SOFTWARE AND SUB-LICENSED TO NINTENDO.
© 1989 BULLET-PROOF SOFTWARE.
© 1989, 1993 NINTENDO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ORIGINAL TETRIS CONCEPT, DESIGN AND PROGRAM BY ALEXEY PAZHITNOV.
|Other Formats||Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo|
"TM and ©1987 ELORG
Tetris 2 is a registered trademark
Tetris 2 licensed to
Bullet-Proof Software and
Sublicensed to Nintendo
©1989 Bullet-Proof Software
©1989, 1993 Nintendo
All Rights Reserved
Original Tetris Concept,
design and program by Alexey Pazhitnov[sic]."
MORE VIDEO GAMING REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.