- RSS loading...
"Tetris Blast" (Game Boy)
You Tetris fans must love Tetris Week here at SHOWSOTROS which is an exclusive showcase reviewing the block-stacking classic. I'm certain you'll have a "blast" with this one: Tetris Blast!
This game harkens back to the original concept that made Tetris a mega-hit. With the option to have 2 players, there are three modes: CONTEST, TRAINING and FIGHT. What the Contest Mode features is very much clear the board and you advance to the next stage; The Training Mode is specifically a mode to train your stacking skills; Lastly, the Fight Mode is the one where you challenge against characters only exclusive here on Tetris Blast.
As you can tell, this version includes a ball in one of the pieces. This ball acts as a bomb to explode off the completed lines and pieces of the blocks on each line. The more of these explosive spheres you stack on each line, the faster it eliminates that very line and the lines on top and on the bottom of it. If you stack up four balls in a cube, it converts into one large explosive sphere, which can come in handy when you bust your skills in FIGHT Mode.
On FIGHT Mode, you'll find yourself in a challenge against eight characters, and they are as follows: Cubit, Snaptor, Gloop, Creepa, Squidly, Dug Grub, Shadow and B-Boy. Looking at these enemies, they can perfectly pass off as emojis lots of smartphone and social media users use to add some emotion on their statuses. Anyway, the most difficult enemy I've dealt with has to be Shadow who not only adds rows and rows of blocks but petrifies the blocks that drop restricting you from moving the block to the desired position. Defeat all 8 enemies and you win! The game ends with credits.
The graphics are good but not as artistic and detailed compared to Tetris Attack. The sound/music is fine but I'm still stuck in that whole classical Russian music from the original game. The controls are, as always, excellent and not a single hang-up did I experience during gameplay.
When you play this game on the Super Game Boy, I feel that some graphical borders were lazily done. Nevertheless, it's better than no custom graphics at all, but it's not too big a deal.
Some critics find this game so much better than Tetris 2 (I thought I was the only one). There's something to be had with this game and it will certainly challenge you to a limit. In other words, hurry up and play this game!
- Block-destroying fun for everyone.
- Combines the structural playing from the original "Tetris" and "Puyo Puyo"/"Kirby's Avalanche" combined.
- Great graphics and good music.
- Cute cut scenes.
- Also uses password to continue progress at a later time.
|Game Title||Tetris Blast|
|Description||Puzzle Action With A Blast!
Have a BLAST! The favorite puzzle sensation EXPLODES back on the Game Boy scene! Test your dexterity at the highest level yet! With rapid moves align blocks containing explosive bombs and clear away the screen. KA-BLAAM!! In FIGHT MODE build a mega bomb and take out menacing enemies that threaten your progress, BOOM! You've never experienced Tetris like this before! It's DYNAMITE!
• Three different modes! New block shapes!
• Outwit dangerous and evil characters in Fight Mode!
• Awesome 2-player VS action with Game Link!
• Compatible with Super Game Boy for incredible sound and color!
• Password feature.
|ISBN / Bar Code number||0 45496 73049 9|
|Video Format||1.33:1 (4:3) Full screen|
|Audio Format||Mono (Stereo via Super Game Boy)|
|Rated||K-A - Kids to Adults|
|Released||March 1995 (JP), January 1996 (US), 1996 (EU)|
|Video Specification||Monochrome (Color via Super Game Boy)|
|Developed by||Nintendo / B.P.S. / Elorg / TOSE|
|Company||Nintendo / B.P.S. / Elorg / TOSE|
|Product / Item / Catalog Number||60222 / DMG P ASBE|
|Copyright||TM AND ® ARE TRADEMARKS OF NINTENDO OF AMERICA INC.
© 1996 NINTENDO OF AMERICA INC.
© 1995, 1996 B.P.S. LICENSED TO NINTENDO.
© 1987 ELORG. © 1989 NINTENDO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. TETRIS BLAST IS A TRADEMARK OF ELORG. TETRIS CONCEPT BY ALEXEY PAJITNOV.
TETRIS BLAST CONCEPT BY APE.
TETRIS BLAST SUPERVISOR
BOMBLISS DESIGNED BY
PRESENTED BY NINTENDO
Thank you for playing!
MORE VIDEO GAMING REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.