- RSS loading...
Nintendo Game Boy Pocket
Massive improvement from its original variant. Volume is much louder and the dot matrix screen has less motion blur. Only requires two AAA batteries and is compatible will the entire Game Boy library.
Yeah yeah yeah, go ahead: rave about your cool apps. Brag about how your cell phone can play crystal-clear music, take life-like pictures, shoot 8K HD video and can solve the Reimann Zeta Hypothesis. Portable gaming, during our tenure, never looked so awesome. And because everyone's got a hold of it, I feel it's time to make it travel-sized isn't it? Feast your eyes—kids will read this not being able to comprehend any of the true feelings behind these words: Nintendo Game Boy....Pocket.
If you read the description on the box, it made mention of an improved screen. Since the original "brick" Game Boy sported that green-ish hue, the Pocket shows off the unit's true dot matrix color. In addition, the quality is much clearer with responsive frame rates of the game which reduced "ghosting" from high-motion games. With a contrast knob, headphone jack in the same places, I noticed that the volume was much louder than the original. The extension connector was what changed, requiring a smaller 4-pin connection, compared to the Game Boy's larger 6-pin connector. Instead of using AA batteries, this only requires 2 AAA batteries enabling around 8-10 hours of gameplay. Other than that, along with its smaller, portable size, the Pocket surely showed a massive amount of improvements following its predecessor.
A pocket-sized gaming handheld with louder volume and cleaner, sharper video quality: What more is there to say?
Like the original Game Boy, it comes with a chunk of colors, even a valuable gray version with purple buttons, resembling the original Game Boy first released in 1989. There are even rare versions of the Pocket from Japan and a slick, "Ice Blue" Game Boy Pocket packaged with Zelda: Link's Awakening—an exclusive offer from Target® (see photos). You really don't see offers like those anymore, I mean, especially packaging a game that became a top-selling RPG on the Game Boy? Man, our generation rocked it good.
- Portable becomes pocket-friendly.
- Volume is even louder.
- Improved screen with less motion blur. Much sharper quality.
- Comes in many colors, including Clear, and rare exclusive designs.
- Requires only two AAA batteries.
- Not backlit; Requires third-party accessory.
|Game Console||Nintendo Game Boy Pocket|
|Description||GAME BOY, the world's most popular portable video game system, offers endless entertainment for players of all skill levels with a library of over 400 games! The new, compact GAME BOY pocket travels everywhere and boasts improved screen contrast for clear, easy-to-see game graphics. Remember, you can also play all GAME BOY games at home, in-color on your Super NES® using the Super GAME BOY® accessory.*
— New Compact Size
— Batteries Included
— Improved Screen
— Library of Over 400 Games — Action, Adventure, Puzzle, Sports, Role-Playing
*All GAME BOY games, Super NES and Super GAME BOY sold separately.
|ISBN / Bar Code number||MG122117907 / 0 45496 71034 7|
|Video Format||1.33:1 (4:3)|
|Audio Format||Mono (Stereo via headphones, depending on game)|
|Region Compatible||NTSC, PAL|
|Video Specification||Dot Matrix ("Black & White")|
|Other Console Versions||Super Game Boy, Game Boy, Game Boy Light, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, Game Boy Micro|
|Other||The Game Boy sold over 100 million units worldwide.|
MORE VIDEO GAMING REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.