- RSS loading...
Not sure who thought homemade burgers should be difficult, so here's our recipe for an easy, delicious burger:
½ cup oil (vegetable or canola)
In a mixing bowl:
1 cup of Panko bread crumbs
1½ tablespoon of Onion Powder
1 teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
1 teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of pepper
1 lb of Ground Pork
— Mix all ingredients. If done by hand, DO NOT squeeze ground pork as this will deteriorate the meat's connective fibers, resulting in loose, crumbled burger
— Makes 5 hamburger patties
— Cook until medium well (or medium rare, depending on preference)
2 large onions, sliced thinly
— Using the same pan, caramelize onion slices until brown and wilted
Depending on the size of the burger you cook with, serve the burger on slider- or traditional-sized buns.
For a unique taste, I add mayonnaise on the bottom bun and top it with pepper. Then I add the piping-hot burger on top of it, allowing the natural juices mingle with the mayonnaise and pepper to create a sauce. As always, I add hot sauce on the burger. For a realistic presentation, serve with a side of fries (homemade or store-bought).
A slice of yellow or white cheese also blends well with the caramelized onions.
MORE APPETIZING AND EASY RECIPES
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.