- RSS loading...
Domingo's Chile • Hot & Spicy Chicharrones Botanero
Of all brands tasted, Domingo's is one of the most highly recommended brand for those fans of pork rind snacks. Flavors are applied nicely and the rinds themselves aren't too tough to eat, making it one of the best choices out there.
It's rare when a brand name takes on the market for snacks selling pork rinds. Given that pork rinds aren't usually the go-to, this bag may just change that.
I picked this up at a bargain in my local grocery store. Not only was it neatly priced, but it's by a brand name Domingo's—my middle name. No, I don't run this company, nor do I know anyone in my family that does.
The chicharron pieces are incredibly soft and easy on the teeth when munching. That's not only the best part, but the flavors really kick your taste buds up not worrying about picking up a rigid piece and giving your jaw a workout. As for the pieces overall, it's very light and makes a great complimentary snack to your main course. Wonder why it tastes so good yet so light? If you look at the ingredients, there's no starch included. Some other brands include starch, which is why the rinds taste heavier. If other brands want to compete with underrated items like this, they'll have to remove starch products.
Like with most of the food items we've reviewed so far, watch the price hike up after you've read this. Buy in bulks if you need to!
This is possibly the best crafted chicharrones I've ever had—the best one being homemade and freshly cooked. You won't feel guilty eating this at all.
- The pork rinds are easy on the teeth, and the flavors are excellent. Such an underrated brand that is capable of competing with the bigger brands.
|Item||Chile • Hot & Spicy Chicharrones Botanero
Fried Pork Rinds Snack Style
|Bar Code Number||0 71936 80008 8|
|Net Weight||3.5 oz. (99.3g)|
|Serving Size||½ oz. (14g)|
|Servings Per Container||7|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Total Fat||5g - 8%|
|Saturated Fat||1.5g - 9%|
|Cholesterol||15mg - 5%|
|Sodium||120mg - 5%|
|Total Carbohydrate||0g - 0%|
|Dietary Fiber||2g - 0%|
|Protein||9g Not a significant source of Protein|
|Ingredients||Fried Pork Rinds, Paprika And Other Spices, Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Dextrose, Garlic Powder, Spices, Citric Acid.|
|Allergy Information||Contains Milk Ingredients|
AND PASSED BY
Made in the USA
City of Industry, CA 91745
1 800 2 GAYTAN
MORE FOOD REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.