- RSS loading...
Lofthouse Delicious Cookies (Strawberry Shortcake)
Despite the cake-like consistency, these cookies will make your sweet tooth happy. Its festive decorations makes it fitting for potlucks and dinner parties.
While I'm writing this, there's a huge wildfire at Santa Clarita, California, causing the already-hot weather even hotter. What I mean by that is, what usually is an 80 to 90° weather has spiked to over 110°. And while I'm not a fan of hot weather, it's best to cheer up with some cookies.
Now a fan commented on Angela Marie's cookies we reviewed here on Facebook, these are probably what she will mostly enjoy. These cookies scream what Plankton said once on the film variant of Spongebob: "SO. MUCH. SWEETNESS." No argument: these cookies are as sweet as you can get, with 17 grams of Sugar included knowing these are frosted sugar cookies. Mentioning that, I strongly don't recommend eating these in one sitting. If anything, these are best served at small parties and potlucks at the office or even at home, so everyone has a bite and it's not all you.
Besides the sweetness, it's a soft cookie with a sharp strawberry flavor. It's almost like you're eating pieces of strawberries on each cookie which is a nice taste to have. I'm not sure about the frosting since I find it a little too much, almost like you're eating a slice of cake (it may as well be). Balancing the sweetness, the sugar cookies themselves taste a bit bland but that's because of the frosting. This may stir mixed reactions among cookie lovers since one part of the cookie is bland, the frosting is raging in sweetness. It' would've been nice to have a bit of a blend to go with it.
Anyway, Lofthouse has outdone themselves and has released a unique cookie taste with these. The sweetness can be overpowering, I find, so if it's not a potluck, I usually would eat one once a week; That's exactly what I've done in eating one cookie a week. Personally, it's too sweet for me. However, those who love to give their taste buds a kick in the sweets universe will find this to be a nice fit.
- These cookies will fill you up. The soft quality will make both kids and adults enjoy every bite.
- Cookies can be too thick, and too "cake-y."
|Brand||Lofthouse Delicious Cookies|
|Description||Making Every Day Festive™|
|Bar Code Number||7 08971 91748 7|
|Net Weight||13.5 OZ. (383g)|
|Serving Size||1 Cookie (38g)|
|Servings Per Container||10|
|Calories From Fat||60|
|Total Fat||7g - 11%|
|Saturated Fat||3g - 15%|
|Cholesterol||5mg - 2%|
|Sodium||180mg - 8%|
|Total Carbohydrate||25g - 8%|
|Dietary Fiber||0g - 0%|
|Ingredients||Sugar, Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Margarine (Palm Oil, Water, Soybean Oil, Salt, Contains 2% or Less of: Mono- & Diglycerides, Calcium Disodium Edta [Preservative] Artificial Flavor, Annatto [Color], Vitamin A Palmitate), Strawberry Flavored Bit (Sugar, Vegetable Oil [Palm, Palm Kernal], Xanthan Gum, Natural Flavor, Red 40 Lake, Soy Lecithin, Malic Acid, Caramel [Color]), Eggs, Contains 2% or Less of: Strawberry Flavored Topping (Sugar, Corn Cereal, Corn Syrup, Food Starched-Modified, Soybean Oil, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Red 40 Lake, Blue 2 Lake), Water, Corn Starch, Fructose, Baking Soda, Salt, Polysorbate 60, Whey, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Carmine [Color].|
|Contains||Egg, Milk, Soy, Wheat|
|Other||Naturally & Artificially Flavored frosted sugar cookies.
Made in a Peanut & Tree Nut Free Facility
Food you love
P.O. BOX 3768, DEPT. LH
OMAHA, NE 68103-0768 U.S.A.
MORE FOOD REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.