- RSS loading...
Thrifty Ice Cream (Pistachio Nut)
One of the more classic brands known for its over-the-counter ice cream. Wonderful taste that isn't too sweet, as the pistachios add a nice touch and balance.
Since I didn't announce it to everyone, here it is: I've been on an ice cream since March, despite the cold days here and there. Perhaps it's because I haven't eaten it in a while; Perhaps it's because the foods I've been dining on recently were so good, I didn't need any kind of treat for dessert. When one day I checked the freezer, I saw there was leftover ice cream, and when I decided to finish it up to clear some space, the kick was in. Thus, I bring you this review of a new, fresh quart of ice cream by Thrifty.
If you lived long enough to remember, Thrifty was the pharmacy to go to before the days of Rite-Aid, Walgreens and CVS. Besides browsing the toys section, my favorite thing to get at Thrifty? Ice cream. Come to think of it, this wasn't any ordinary ice cream; It's an award-winning dish that has put smiles on millions of customers, as I, when I was a kid, were one of them. I'm so glad they came through releasing a product to purchase and take home the excellence they have produced.
With various flavors out there, I chose this one as it was one I never tasted before. Besides the nice, creamy, milky goodness of the ice cream itself, the pistachio nuts give the ice cream a unique balance integrating a little saltiness with the floods of sugar-y bliss. You know how you add chopped nuts on top of yogurt? It's almost like that, but with ice cream. Those who are fans may think they should've added a whole lot more pistachios in the ice cream. I feel the amount of the pistachios is just enough. After all, this is ice cream and wouldn't want to overflow the ice cream with a quart of just pistachios.
There really isn't much things to critique on as this is the classic taste we've grown up with. Enjoying this is almost like a blast from the past. Even better, serve it up on a cone and then you'll remember that time when Mom and Dad bought you a scoop to keep you occupied while they quietly shop.
Whether you want to launch the time machine in remembering the days of Thrifty, and/or are a huge ice cream fan, pick this up! Their sale can't be beat as well.
- Unique and decadent flavor of ice cream. The saltiness of the pistachios add a modest balance to the sweetness.
|Brand||[THE ORIGINAL] Thrifty|
|Item||Ice Cream - Pistachio Nut|
Crunchy, delicious pistachios in our rich, award winning ice cream.
|Bar Code Number||0 11822 58320 6|
|Net Weight||1.5QT(1.42 L)|
|Manufactured by||Thrifty Payless Inc., El Monte, CA 91731
Plant No. 06-1538
|Serving Size||½ cup (67g)|
|Servings per Container||12|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||9g - 14%|
|Saturated Fat||5g - 25%|
|Cholesterol||25mg - 8%|
|Sodium||60mg - 3%|
|Total Carbohydrate||15g - 5%|
|Dietary Fiber||0g - 0%|
|Ingredients||Cream, Skim Milk, Water, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Pistachio Nuts (Roasted in Canola Oil), Whey, Stabilizer (Mono- and Diglycerides, Cellulose Gum, Guar Gum), Natural & Artificial Pistachio Flavor (Water, Ethyl Alcohol, Caramel Color), Artificial Coloring (Water, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Blue 1, Citric Acid, Sodium Bezoate As A Preservative), Propylene Glycol, Water, Polysorbate 80, Annatto, Turmeric Added As Color, Potassium Hydroxide.|
|Allergens||Contains Milk, Pistachios (Processed in a Facility that Processes Peanuts and Tree Nuts).|
|Other||Award Winning Taste!
Real California Milk
MORE FOOD REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.