- RSS loading...
Quality Hearth Bread Crumbs (Italian Style)
An excellent alternative from the popular, mainstream brands. Not too salty and contains a generous amount of flavor that isn't too strong nor too sharp. Flavors stand out when cooked properly without burning.
Chicken? Meatloaf? Fish? Whatever it may be, bread crumbs lighten up the fibers and delicious muscle tissues of our favorite meat/fish. And although there are popular brands out there, this one may satisfy those looking for such product. Looking at the label, you can tell this isn't just your plain, ordinary bread crumbs; it's Italian Style!
Having my own recipe for whole chicken pieces and chicken wings, I used this without having to spend, what, five dollars on a tube of crumbs? Anyway, I didn't think much of it knowing it'll give me some flavor for the chicken and chicken wings. Since I pan-fry chicken/chicken wings, I sometimes bake it in the oven. The result? AMAZING. The crumbs have a good amount of salinity and sweetness. Because it's Italian style, you get the contrast of the Parsley and Oregano, making this the perfect item to include in your pantry. If making your own bread crumbs is time-consuming or difficult, save some time, and money, by picking this gem up!
If you are looking to make deliciously-coated chicken with these bread crumbs, remember to drench the chicken in buttermilk overnight for best results. After, coat with flour and these crumbs. A little note: after coating, fry/bake immediately and don't let it sit for too long. The result is the coating won't cling onto the chicken, producing a coat that's not oil/bake friendly (it result in something similar to glue paste, which, of course, isn't 'cookable'). Anyway, time to share some suggestions:
- For a tangy taste, add lemon or orange zest
- For a bright, spicy taste, add cayenne pepper
- For a hotter taste, mix the crumbs with red chili flakes
- For a little Mexican twist, mix the crumbs with cumin
- Not too salty, as that classic Italian flavor brightens any recipe you add it to. No need to add extra salt to mix along with this.
|Brand Name||Quality Hearth|
|Item||Bread Crumbs (Italian Style)|
|Description||Prepared from baked bread that is lightly toasted|
|Bar Code number||8 76416 13118 4|
|Net Weight||15 OZ (425 g)|
|Product Number||211006 / 0461-00-0029-01|
|Company||Quality Bakery Products
24 Ironside CT,
Willingboro, NJ 08046
|Serving Size||1/4 cup (28g)|
|Servings per Container||about 15|
|Calories From Fat||15|
|Total Fat||1.5g - 2%|
|Saturated Fat||0g - 2%|
|Cholesterol||0mg - 0%|
|Sodium||560mg - 23%|
|Total Carbohydrates||19g - 6%|
|Ingredients||Enriched flour [flour, malted barley, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folic Acid], High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Soybean and/or Cottonseed and/or Corn and/or Canola Oils), Water, Salt. Contains 2 percent or less of yeast, Honey, Molasses, Sugar, Wheat Gluten, Whey, Soy Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Rye Flour, Corn Flour, Oat Bran, Corn Meal, Rice Flour, Potato Flour, Butter, Dough Conditioners (Mono- and Diglycerides, Sodium and/or Calcium Stearoyl Lactylate, Soy Lecithin, Calcium Carbonate), Yeast Nutrients (Ammonium Sulfate, Calcium Sulfate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Distilled Vinegar, Skim Milk, Buttermilk, Lactic Acid, Calcium Propionate (Preservative), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Sesame Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Eggs, Dehydrated Parsley, Romano Cheese made from cow's milk (Skim Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes), Spices, Onions, Garlic, Celery, Paprika (Color).|
|Contains||Wheat, Soy, Milk, and Egg.|
|Other||This product is sold by weight, settling may occur during shipping, shake well before using.
Made in the U.S.A.
MORE SPICE/SEASONING REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.