- RSS loading...
"Snap! Everyday Fun & Games: Video Poker" (PC)
A simple but excellent game of Video Poker. The ambiance and the gameplay make it feel like you're at the casino floor.
After watching and reviewing the DVD "Fun-To-Know: Poker Made Simple!", I felt a little more confident with the game of Poker. As someone who only stuck in playing Blackjack and Slots, it was a matter of time that I expanded my learning of other casino games. Taking a shot at this simple game by Snap! for the Windows system, I decided to test my own skills out.
If you're new to the Snap! line of games, installing and starting the game is a breeze—no hang-ups, no preinstalled advertisements, and heck, no pretentious video introductions. As soon as you double-click the icon, you're instantly starting the game.
I'm not sure why these games don't get enough recognition. For one thing, the background sound is amazing. It sounds like your typical, ambient noise you'd hear when walking around inside a casino. The controls and the cursor are very responsive and the graphics are excellent. Sound effects? They all sound like the real thing you hear from an actual video poker machine. Plus, you get five different Poker games for you to choose—Deuces Wild, Jokers Wild, Jacks or Better, Double Premium Poker, and Triple Premium Poker. Honestly, how could you not want this?
Anyway, the game of Poker is the game of Poker and needs no explanation. You test your own luck hoping to score a modest fortune, or even as far as to break the bank hoping to hit a Royal Flush. You start with a $3,000 bankroll, giving you the option on how much money you want to play. You also have the option to change the game's denomination from 5¢ up to $5. Whatever strikes your curiosity, or if you want to pretend to play like a high roller, the options are there!
The best I have won was a 4 Of A Kind. And yes, I've got video for proof:
I never got to hit a Royal Flush....yet, but I was proud of this. Also, I'm still trying to get comfortable with my newfound Poker skills so bare with my so-so style of play. I'll get better as I play.
Such a simple computer game, yet so fluid and good. I play this game during my breaks working on this website and/or editing new video projects. It's one of those games that should come preinstalled with any new PC you purchase. I wish TOPICS Entertainment realizes how good a job they did with this game.
I can't recommend this enough, as I can't stop playing this from time to time. Coming at a very low price, almost the price of pocket change, I highly recommend it!
- Software goes directly to the game without those long, boring intros.
- Controls and sounds are wonderful.
- Very decent graphics, as something you'd find in an actual video poker machine.
- Odds are friendly.
- A handful of poker options to choose (i.e. "Jacks or Better," "Joker's Wild," etc).
|Game Title||Video Poker|
Take an entertainment break with Snap!™ Everyday Fun & Games Software. Let Snap!™ fill your day with instant fun. With great products at great prices, it's a Snap!™
Ante up for Snap!™ Video Poker, the interactive suite of casino lounge favorites Deuces Wild, Jokers Wild, Jacks or Better, Double Premium Poker, and Triple Premium Poker. Whether you're feeling lucky or want to play it safe, you can ante up for stakes high, low, or in-between. Whatever you choose, Snap!™ Video Poker is always ready to deal you in!
AMD, Celeron, or Pentium® II 300 MHZ, 32 MB Memory
Windows® 95 or later, CD-ROM; 100 MB Hard Drive space; Mouse; Windows® Compatible
Sound Card (must be Direct X 8.1 compatible);
Direct X Compatible Video Card
RECOMMENDED: AMD, Celeron, or Pentium® II 400 MHZ, 64 MB Memory
|Installation||Insert CD into the CD-Rom drive. Auto-play will start the CD, then press Yes to install.
If CD does not Auto-Play:
Double-click on My Computer, then double-click on your CD-ROM Drive.
Double-click on the setup file called Bingo, and follow the on-screen instructions.
|ISBN / Bar Code number||1-59150-209-8 / 7 81735 80302 8|
|Video Format||4:3 / Full screen|
|Disk/CD Count||One (1) CD|
|Rated||E - Everyone|
|Developer||Phantom EFX, Inc.|
|Company||TOPICS Entertainment (www.topics-ent.com)|
|Product Number||CS-302 (????)|
|Game Release||November 29, 2007 (????)|
|Copyright||© 2002 Phantom EFX. All Rights Reserved. It is illegal to re-create, sub-license, or transfer any part of the software, code, graphics, and or concepts.
© 2002 TOPICS Entertainment, Renton, WA. www.topics-ent.com Made in the USA
|Other||TOPICS Entertainment uses recycled paper whenever possible.
TOPICS Entertainment donates 5% of its pre-tax profits to education and conservation groups.
© 2002 Phantom EFX. All Rights Reserved. It is illegal to re-create, sub-
license, or transfer any part of the software, code, graphics, and or concepts.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.