- RSS loading...
Bakery Delicious: Lemon Crumb Mini Loaf Cakes
Even if you don't like the tangy-taste of lemon, these mini cakes will fill you up with its sweetness during your school/work hours.
Saw this little snack on the clearance rack from the popular grocery chain FOOD 4 LESS, and with the cheap price, I needed something heavy, ready-to-eat and filling. Without further ado, and due to its low price, I went ahead and picked this up.
Well? Having eaten it, I felt it tasted more expensive than the clearance price. Better yet, I'm not sure why this isn't selling. It was the most delicious lemon cake I have eaten in a long while. Packaged with just 4 loaves, that should be enough for you. Not that it mattered much but perhaps the label presentation could be a little more eye-catching and presentable. If they ever need to hire a graphics designer to design the labels for this amazing product, I have someone in mind (contact us).
The taste is very soft on the inside, crisp and tender on the exterior. Don't be taken in that since it's cake, it's made to fill your stomach (it does). You can taste the lemon flavor with the small pieces of lemon inside the cake, bringing out brightness and tang to go with the "cake-y" texture. As for the ingredients, it's a bit much on the sugar in the exterior part of the loaves, but it's tolerable (a little tidbit for those controlling their sugar intakes). I have no other critiques other than wishing there was more than four, or if there happens to be a pie-sized version of it. Very delicious indeed.
For those who need a quick, filling snack to hold you over, or something delectable to try, I recommend this! Being that the texture is cake, being thick and dry, you may want a nice beverage to go with your consumptive enjoyment for these cakes.
Great. Now I want to find more of these....
- Tartness of the lemon makes this a lip-smacking treat.
- Presentation of the package could use some work, despite its humble brand.
|Item||Lemon Crumb Mini Loaf Cakes|
|Bar Code Number||8 51638 00536 9|
|Net Weight||8 OZ (226g)|
|Distributed by||KVH Dairy
JAG2 & Associates
Dublin, OH 43017
www jagtwo com
|Product Number||15 167 (????)|
|Serving Size||2 oz. (57g)|
|Servings Per Container||4|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||7g - 11%|
|Saturated Fat||1g - 5%|
|Cholesterol||25mg - 8%|
|Sodium||160mg - 7%|
|Total Carbohydrate||30g - 10%|
|Dietary Fiber||0g - 2%|
|Ingredients||Sugar, enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, eggs, dextrose, canola oil, milk whey, modified corn starch, leavening (sodium aluminum phosphate, baking soda), salt calcium acetate, xanthan gum, soy flour, sour cream (cultured pasteurized grade A skim milk, cream, enzymes), lemon flavoring (water, propylene glycol, acaia gum, xanthan gum, sodium benzoate, citric acid, FD&C yellow #5), high fructose corn syrup, lemons, artificial butter flavor, pectin, lemon oil, ctric[sic] acid, sodium benzoate.|
|Toppings||Enriched flour, (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), sugar, trans free margarine, (partially hydrogenated soybean oil, water, salt, mono & diglycerides, nonfat dry milk, soy lecithin, sodium benzoate as preservative, artificial flavor, beta carotene, Vitamin A), sour cream (cultured pasteurized grade A skim milk, cream, enzymes), natural butter flavor.|
|Contains||Wheat, Egg, Milk, Soy.|
MORE FOOD REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.