- RSS loading...
Brim's Snack Foods HOT! Crunchy Cheese Curls
Having no cholesterol and being oven-baked made these chips a potential alternative from the popular brands. Unfortunately, the packaged smell and the genetically-engineered production of these chips will not click with the average snacker.
If you ever read the profiles of these items I've reviewed, you'll notice something: it includes a biblical verse on the back! Click here to read what's it's all about on their official website. It seems to promote Love Worth Finding: Ministries with Adrian Rogers—messages quoted from Dr. Rogers himself. I could simply say unique but at the same time, there are those who aren't religious finding this a little strange. Then again, who are we/they to say so? If a non-Christian purchased this bag of chips without anyone noticing, will they still enjoy these snacks? (I composed that question for humor, as it's a play of the popular philosophical question of reality, "If a tree falls down and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?")
Anyway, these oven-baked chips shouldn't surprise anyone who has tried Granny Goose®, and will instantly feel at home snacking these. No cholesterol should entice the snacker with a big craving for spicy, hot chips. As underrated as this product is, it's sure to satisfy.
However, like Granny Goose, it suffers from an after-smell in the bag the moment you open it. I don't know why this is, since Cheetos doesn't spew that repugnant smell when you open the bag. I don't think anyone would want that smell, unless it's the chips themselves. Also, during the taste testing, I found that the chips get a little chewy when you save the bag for snacking later. That may depict that the chips are fresh but I beg to differ (perhaps I shouldn't). Lastly, if you read the profile for these chips, it says "PRODUCED WITH GENETIC ENGINEERING." Genetically modified food, huh? Depending on your diet and/or your health status, this is guaranteed to turn off a lot of eager shoppers, even if you have low sodium in your diet.
Being oven-baked, I feel this brand of chips could have a lot of potential to impress and even compete with the top brands out there in the grocery shops. However, not so much the biblical quotes, the addition and integration of GMO will disappoint those wanting to stuff their snack pantry.
Besides all that, if you haven't tried these, and/or on a budget with your snacks, give this a try.
1. Scientific American: The Truth about Genetically Modified Food
- Given that it's baked, these chips won't make you feel bloated or uneasy, complimented with no cholesterol.
- Upon opening the bag releases an unsatisfactory smell. Despite chips, like these, not being a healthy option, the production of genetic engineering will turn off many snacks/chips fans.
|Brand||Brim's Snack Foods|
|Item||HOT! Crunchy Cheese Curls|
Life is so Delicious
Be Sure And Try Our Other Delicious Snacks
|Bar Code Number||0 28293 80202 6|
|Net Weight||7oz (198.4g)|
|Product Number||1731252 (????)|
|Serving Size||1oz (28g)|
|Servings Per Container||7|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||9g - 14%|
|Saturated Fat||1.5g - 8%|
|Cholesterol||0mg - 0%|
|Sodium||270mg - 11%|
|Total Carbohydrate||15g - 5%|
|Dietary Fiber||1g - 4%|
|Ingredients||Yellow Cornmeal, Soybean Oil, Maltodextrin, Salt, A dehydrated blend of Whey, Cheese (granular, blue, cheddar and romano [pasteurized milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes]), Corn Starch, Monosodium Glutamate, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Whey Protein Concentrate, Red 40 Lake, Sugar, Citric Acid, Dextrose, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Sodium Diacetate, Sodium Phosphate, Spice Extractives, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Onion, Garlic, Malic Acid, Disodium Inosinate & Disodium Guanylate, Acetic Acid, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Yellow 6, Artificial Flavor, Annatto and Turmeric Extract (color).|
PRODUCED WITH GENETIC ENGINEERING
|Manufactured by||BRIMHALL FOODS COMPANY, INC.
P.O. BOX 34185
BARTLETT, TN 38184-0185
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
MORE FOOD REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.