- RSS loading...
Ore-Ida Bold and Crispy: Smoky BBQ Oven Chips
They're not kidding: When fully prepared, the quality and taste truly is bold and crispy.
I love potatoes. Nope, no punchline here.
Besides the usual, shoestring, crinkle cuts, steak cut and curly, here's an excellent one: disk-like oven "chips" from Ore-Ida! It's not plain either but smoky BBQ flavor to compliment it. How can you not serve these next to your favorite main course, like chicken wings?
The package recommends baking these, but the pan frying method works just as fine too. When frying, regardless of what oil you use—canola or vegetable—make sure it's on medium heat. Reason being, despite that these are frozen, is because cooking these on a higher temperature can burn the seasonings which results in bitter taste. Best to keep the oil temperature lower than normal, or if you're picky about the quality of taste, go for the oven method. If you're using the oven method, lay all the potato pieces in one, flat layer for even cooking (follow the instructions). Either method works, and produces mouth-watering results.
The taste is something so good, you'll forget you cooked it. The quality is crisp and you can taste the smoky, hardwood from the seasonings. If cooked properly, you also get to relish the smooth mashed potato-like texture in the fries themselves. Best served with your favorite main course, and your favorite dip. Besides ketchup mixed with hot sauce, or ranch, I like some honey mustard—a sauce that, too, goes well with the chicken wings. Or, heck, even your favorite burgers and/or hot dogs.
Simple yet mouth-watering fries that is best served alone or as a side—an alternative to potato chips (the actually chips). Top quality product by Ore-Ida! Eat up!
- Mouth-watering spices compliment these potatoes very well. Hard to resist the crisp taste of this product.
- If not cooked properly, the spices could burn.
|Brand||Ore-Ida (Oregon & Idaho)|
|Item||Smoky BBQ Oven Chips|
Quality Since 1952
seasoned french fried potatoes
* Flavor Favors the Bold
Proudly nestled on the Oregon-Idaho border, Ore-Ida potato experts have been serving locally grown taters from the heartland of potato country since 1952.
Now with Ore-Ida® Bold and Crispy Fries, the classic Ore-Ida quality you love has a bolder taste than ever before! Every bite contains over 60 years of french fry craftsmanship and experience, generously seasoned with flavor.
Try all our varieties: Garlic and Pepper Steakhouse Fries, Smoky BBQ Oven Chips, Spicy Sriracha Fries, Zesties®, and Zesty Twirls®. If it's not Grade A, it's not Ore-Ida!
|Easy Preparation Baking||keep frozen • do not overcook
Appliance temperatures may vary.
Please consider the performance of your appliance when following these directions.
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Arrange frozen smoky BBQ oven chips in a single layer on an 11" x 17" inch baking sheet.
Heat according to chart.
AMOUNT - ½ TRAY - FULL TRAY
SERVINGS - about 3 - about 5
TIME - 12-15 mins., turning after 8 mins. - 19-22 mins., turning after 15 mins.
|Bar Code Number||0 13120 01386 7|
|Net Weight||26 OZ (1 lb 10 oz) 737 g|
|Distributed by||Heinz North America © 2014
Division of H.J. Heinz Company, L.P.
Pittsburgh, PA 15222 U.S.A.
Made in U.S.A.
|Product Number||35318834 / ON4M 17N (????)|
|Serving Size||3 oz (84g/about 8 pieces)|
|Servings per Container||about 9|
|Calories from Fat||81|
|Total Fat||9g - 14%|
|Saturated Fat||2g - 10%|
|Cholesterol||0mg - 0%|
|Sodium||430mg - 18%|
|Potassium||290g - 8%|
|Total Carbohydrate||24g - 8%|
|Dietary Fiber||2g - 7%|
|Sugars||less than 1g|
|Ingredients||Durum Wheat Semolina, Eggs.|
|Cooking Instructions||Potatoes, Vegetable Oil, (Sunflower, Cottonseed, Soybean And/Or Canola), Modified Food Starch, Rice Flour, Salt, Corn Flour, Dextrin, Spices, Sugar, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Extractive of Paprika (Color), Natural Flavor, Leavening (Disodium Dihydrogen Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate), Xanthan Gum, Disodium Dihydrogen Pyrophosphate (To Retain Natural Color), White Distilled Vinegar, Citric Acid, Dextrose, Refinery Syrup, Tapioca Dextrin, Torula Yeast.|
|Other||KEEP FROZEN COOK THOROUGHLY
The Ore-Ida Brand
is committed to providing the highest quality products. We welcome your comments. Please have the package with you when you call.
1-800-892-2401 Monday - Friday
VISIT US ONLINE:
www.oreida.com for delicious recipes.
Heinz North America, Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 57 Pittsburgh, PA 15230
MORE FOOD REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.