- RSS loading...
Encore Premium: Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Great brand with great-tasting salt. Whether used as an ingredient or a condiment, the salt content is more fresh than it is sharp. Not too overwhelming (that's assuming you don't use too much of it).
For those who specialize in spice rubs might have this in their inventory, depending on the taste you're often going for. Sometimes complimented with regular pepper, there are times we like to twist up the contrast in our dishes by adding lemon pepper. And this little can is no exception to such.
Very rarely do I apply lemon pepper post-cooking, as I usually use it as an ingredient prior to the cooking process (or during, depends which meat/fish I'm cooking). With an excellent and presentable brand name label, it wasn't as much as I expected. Despite its lemon taste, it's a little short on flavor. In other words, besides the lemon taste, it's very much powder in your mouth (not that kind of powder....if you know what I mean). Oh, and applying additional amounts of this doesn't help with taste either.
In fact, if you are one of those looking for a big step back because of pepper's kicked-up, mild spicy taste, I surely recommend this. However, odds are folks most likely will want that kick out of the spices applied to what they eat. That's the reason for applying such spices/seasonings isn't it?
- Low-cost brand with a modest taste that isn't too overbearing. Great size packing a generous amount.
- Despite the low salt content, the taste comes off a little on the bland side. The lemon isn't strong enough to brighten up the spice.
|Brand Name||Encore Premium|
|Item||Lemon Pepper Seasoning|
|Bar Code number||7 76455 30108 4|
|Net Weight||4.23 oz (120g)|
|Product Number||Pareve MK 699 (????)|
|Company||Altius Spices & Seasonings Inc.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H9X 3S4. www.altiusspice.com
CONTENTS MADE IN CANADA.
|Serving Size||1/4 tsp (0.9g)|
|Servings per Container||133|
|Total Fat||0g - 0%|
|Sodium||190mg - 8%|
|Total Carbohydrates||1g - 0%|
|Ingredients||Salt, Citric Acid, Sugar, Spices (Black Pepper, Turmeric), Corn Starch, Corn Meal, Dehydrated Onion, Canola Oil, Monosodium Glutamate, Silicon Dioxide (Anti-Caking Agent), Natural Lemon Flavor (Soybean Oil), Spice Extracts|
|May Contain||Soy, Wheat and Mustard|
|Other||Container filled by weight.
Settling may occur.
MORE SPICE/SEASONING REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.