- RSS loading...
Gemini Salt & Pepper Grinder
Fantastic grinder featuring two popular spices married into one.
Taste is everything when it comes to cooking. Sometimes, you also want to invoke some kind of efficient method to make your cooking preparation a little more easy. What better way to do so than a spice grinder that combines both spices in one? Some of you are thinking, "oh Kris, you're one of those men who buys the all-in-one shampoo, body wash and conditioner, right?" I do admit, yes, I'm one of those. It's okay to laugh about it, I mean for the most part, if something comes in an all-in-one package that saves me money, then I feel like it's the best choice. I say so since there's this on-going joke about how us men make purchasing decisions when it comes to particular products. With a grinder that has both salt and pepper, hey, I don't need a pair of shakers when it's all in one!
Just when you thought that combining two spices sounds ridiculous, the taste would make you think otherwise. You get a bit of kick from the pepper, which compliments the salt. That kick off-sets the saltiness, making it come off as "not too salty." Even better, the spicy kick of the pepper brightens up the dish, whichever you're applying it to, giving that extra 'bite' when you eat—'bite' meaning, that confident "chew" through your teeth, and satisfactory feeling in your taste buds upon ingestion of the food you're enjoying and munching, without making a wince. As for the grains themselves, the salt rocks and peppercorns are as fresh as you can get packaged in a glass shaker. The smooth grind from the grinder makes for an easy twist, applying the spices in such a way that isn't too much or overbearing. Of course, go easy when applying, depending on your taste, as you don't want your dish to be too salty or too strong. (Funny, because there's a superstition saying that if your dish tastes salty, then the chef who made it is in love. I'm not sure if there's any truth or statistical fact that confirms such thing, but I found it amusing that that's the case. Maybe it's true?)
Anyway, it's about to be the year 2022, and gone are the days of salt and pepper sleeping in separate beds. Bring them together and marry them officially. If combining spices like this hasn't become a thing, it should be soon. While I understand some chefs want a particular type of salt, along with a different measurement in adding the pepper, or not, this hybrid should entice those whose dishes calls for these very ingredients. When you think about it, it saves an extra step, helping you to get cooking much more quickly. Nevertheless, the taste coming from this combination is wonderful; It doesn't taste too strong nor too sharp. Oh sure, you can't expect much from salt and pepper, but it's so fresh that you'll never want to purchase table salt ever again (when it comes to salt, we advise staying away from regular table salt).
We'd like to see more of these on the shelves of grocery stores and pantries everywhere. Go fresh, and grind your spices instead of using the pre-grinded ones from a can. Make your dishes happy and buy this! Thank you, Gemini! (I'm actually a Virgo, but yeah.)
- Excellent combination of salt and pepper in one grinder.
- Taste isn't too strong.
- Pepper taste brightens the dish.
|Item||Salt & Pepper Grinder|
|Bar Code number||8 50005 40428 6|
|Net Weight||3.46 OZ (98 g)|
|Product Number||BH 1440560|
|Serving Size||¼ tsp (1.2g)|
|Total Fat||0g - 0%|
|Sodium||380mg - 17%|
|Total Carbohydrates||0g - 0%|
|Other||Not a significant source of saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, total sugars, added sugars, vitamin D, calcium, iron and potassium.
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Packed by weight.
Contents may settle.
Keep in a cool, dry place.
Packaged in South Africa.
Petrow Food Ingredients (Pty) Ltd,
Republic of South Africa.
MORE SPICE/SEASONING REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.