- RSS loading...
KCU Sports Website in the Works
Due to the extreme hot weather, production has been very slow. However, this gave plenty of room for discussions in commencing the work done here as usual. Set in stone: The network looks to create a dedicated expansion for sports. This decision did not come lightly, and was encouraged by personal friends, who, they themselves, are big-time sports fanatics. Despite the fluctuating ratings and reactions going on in the sports world, it definitely was a unanimous decision to make, due to Kris Caballero's, founder of KCU Network, admiration and knowledge of sports.
According to Kris, he said the following:
I've been a sports fan since I was around 9/10 years old. As I went along with life, I felt a growing addiction in watching it all day around 2011-2012. After seeing the NBA Finals featuring the Miami Heat against the Dallas Mavericks, that series felt fishy in such way it was played. After research, reading and reviewing three (3) books about it, sports "conspiracies" was the main reason that helped kill off my growing addiction. Despite all that, I still enjoy the entertainment value of it all, and better yet, looking forward to a nationwide legalization of sports gambling. I'm not a big-time gambler, but I find it exciting to place a small bet in hopes to win some extra dough. Sports have come a long way, given the controversies and scandals that have gone on since. Other than that, in addition to [expressing] my fatique with social media, I'm also growing tired of the crazy uncertainties in the world. I'd rather be "distracted," and just tune in to sports. There was a moment when I was fully tuned in to the news, and I was so depressed, I was scared of waking up every day. That was a painful feeling, and I really don't want to go through that ever again. I just want to stay away from it all the pain, and sports, video games, this website, and my girlfriend are my perfect escape from the chaos happening right now.
Caballero's continuous disdain with cable news and the happenings in the world was why such website expansion is taking place. Being that he's a big NBA basketball and PBA Bowling fan, Kris said he has pursued his efforts to watch and study various other sports for review and discussions. These sports have included MLB baseball, NFL football, college sports, ACL cornhole, soccer (football), auto racing (NASCAR, NHRA, IndyCar, Formula 1, Formula E, etc), AKC dog agility, and much more. Caballero has also expressed interest in pre- and postgame shows in sports, bringing huge attention and respects to sports TV personalities.
While the sports website is being worked on, there isn't a set date, but will be announced and launched before mid-August.
On another note, VIDEOGAMESOTROS: The Podcast has pushed back its second season production into the Fall. Talks about producing a video series about video games is also in discussion.
This article has been written and posted on July 25, 2021
MORE NETWORK NEWS ARTICLES
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.