- RSS loading...
Game Boy No. 2: "It's a Small World After All"
Herman is at it again, and it clued him in when he got a phone call from his mother. After he was unknowingly used as a puppet to serve Tatanga, Herman's mother feels that his game Super Mario Land and the Game Boy is what's causing his mind to completely fall into the commands of Tatanga, though his mother thinks the whole situation is preposterous, yet stranger than fiction.
Alongside Herman's hilarious flubs with the antagonists from the game, comes a girl named Tannis—an eleven-year old whose dream is to visit outer space. Little did she realize her dreams already came true at a young age, but didn't know she had to call up her sister, an avid Game Boy player, to cast a superhero to stop Tatanga's evil plans once again: Mario.
Yes, Herman couldn't help himself. Just when he freely lent his Game Boy to an innocent child, he had to find another way of retrieving it again only to have Tatanga and his henchmen summoned again. Along with Tatanga is Princess Daisy held captive and wanting to be free yet again. After some hijackings, the antagonists got hold of a space shuttle making Tannis' dreams come true before she knew it, and to satisfy Daisy—Tatanga's assumption that a vacation would make her happy enough to marry him (hah!). However, Herman recommended Disney World but they went to space anyway. Looking through the window of a nice view of planet Earth, Tatanga now wants to rule and own the world. Thanks to Tannis' sister, that plan came to a screeching halt.
Mario came to the rescue after being summoned, and went on to crash Tatanga's party, almost Superman style. The space shuttle loses control and crash lands back to Earth. Princess Daisy is in bad shape (*ahem*) and Tatanga orders the army to get back to Sarasaland to help heal and comfort her. Now that the goons are gone, Mario warps back to Sarasaland to continue stopping Tatanga from making another mess on planet Earth. As Herman and Tannis step outside, Herman was asked to leave because "he wasn't dressed appropriately." Only to Tannis' wonder, she's at Disney World....after all.
I laughed when I read this, though:
"And I thought Brooklyn was a cultural wasteland..."
Who would've thought Mario knew his way around American cities, in comparison to the void of space?
Lots of action and some suspense makes this a neat little comic in the Game Boy series. However, though, scenes of carjacking and skyjacking may raise eyebrows and trigger some unpleasant reactions in today's market. Nevertheless, just try not to sing that catchy, mind-sticking tune when you finish reading this.
Check it out!
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.