- RSS loading...
Deutsche Küche® Cheese Egg Spaetzle
An instant yet simple meal you can whip up in minutes. Add to boiling water, and you've got a delicious, German-inspired meal on your table.
One year into the new decade, and what a roller coaster ride it has been so far. One thing that stuck out to me, comparing everyday life from the mundane times I've grown up experiencing and doing, are things being pushed continuously for convenience and quick and easy to do as possible. Saying that, food is no exception. Who would've thought that you can whip up a full-blown meal that may otherwise take hours of labor just to make? Even though creating each ingredient from scratch is the best method, not many people have that much time, and that's totally understandable. How about something as comforting as mac and cheese...German style? That's right: You're looking at Deutsche Küche®'s cheese egg spaetzle!
Available at your friendly, neighborhood Aldi stores, this instant meal is as affordable as you can get (less than $2). The meal is as instant as cup noodles—just bring water to a boil. Instead of pouring the hot water into the cup, or in this case, the pouch, you pour the contents from the bag into the boiling water and cook. That's all! Stir slowly and gently until the liquid is reduced, and the sauce is creamy. If you look at the third photo on the image slide above, the finished product should look similar to that (I, myself, may have added a bit too much water, so the cheese sauce should be a little thicker than what I made). The entire meal shouldn't take more than 5 or 10 minutes, depending on your stove-top and how much water you've added. It's easy, it's simple, as anyone can do it. (People nowadays brag about how much they can't cook, as if it's some badge of honor. I personally believe that cooking is an expression of Love: If you can't cook, you have no love to give.)
How does it taste? I love the creaminess of the sauce—very cheddar-y but not too sharp. Some onion pieces are apparent but tastes sweet, not too bitter. How about the noodles? It almost reminds me of those delicious, fried noodles you get at most asian/Chinese [dim sum] restaurants. However, those noodles are crispy, but these ones are tender; I can almost taste the wheat from it. Given that these are egg noodles, it may not have that similar 'bite' you get from Italian pasta, as these are a little more soft, yet tender to the teeth. Overall, this dish is very much German-style mac and cheese, and come on, who doesn't like mac and cheese? Dishes like that are very much a stress-killing meal; It's a meal that should lighten you up at least. If such meal doesn't make you happy, then yeah, seek help (not joking).
What else is there to say? I've got no critiques about this dish since it's delicious. The ingredients, such as the roasted onions, help bring a little sweetness to balance out the cheese flavor. If you're one of those who love customizing their own dishes, try adding some diced bacon on this (cooked, of course).
Highly recommended! Check out the history of spaetzle by clicking here (thank you, Kitchen project!).
- German-style mac and cheese!
- Cheese flavors aren't too sharp.
- Roasted onions are crisp and sweet.
- The egg noodles are tender and soft to the teeth.
- Instant meal, costs less than $2.
|Item||Cheese Egg Spaetzle|
|Description||AUTHENTIC GERMAN FOOD
Egg Noodle Dish with Cheese Sauce Mix
INSPIRED BY GERMANY 🇩🇪
|Instructions||1. Add 2 cups of cold water to a medium saucepan.
2. Stir in the contents of the bag and bring to a boil while stirring.
3. Cook over medium heat for about 12 minutes until the desired consistency is achieved. Stir occasionally.
|Bar Code Number||4099100198881|
|Net Weight||5.11 OZ (145g)|
|Serving Size||½ cup dry (72g/makes 1 cup prepared)|
|Servings Per Container||2|
|Calories||Per serving: 290
Per container: 580
|Total Fat||Per serving: 7g - 8%
Per container: 14g - 17%
|Saturated Fat||Per serving: 4g - 18%
Per container: 7g - 37%
|Trans Fat||Per serving: 0g
Per container: 0g
|Cholesterol||Per serving: 0g
Per container: 0g
|Sodium||Per serving: 880mg - 38%
Per container: 1760mg - 77%
|Total Carb.||Per serving: 46g - 17%
Per container: 92g - 34%
|Dietary Fiber||Per serving: 3g - 9%
Per container: 5g - 18%
|Total Sugars||Per serving: 3g
Per container: 5g
|Incl. Added Sugars||Per serving: 1g - 2%
Per container: 2g - 4%
|Protein||Per serving: 10g
Per container: 19g
|Vitamin D||Per serving: 0mcg - 0%
Per container: 0mcg - 0%
|Calcium||Per serving: 0mg - 0%
Per container: 0mg - 0%
|Iron||Per serving: 0mg - 0%
Per container: 0mg - 0%
|Potassium||Per serving: 0mg - 0%
Per container: 0mg - 0%
|Ingredients||EGG NOODLES (DURIUM WHEAT SEMOLINA, EGG), PASTEURIZED PROCESS CHEESE POWDER (CHEESE [COW'S MILK, SALT, RENNET], MONOSODIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM CITRATE, WHEY POWDER, SALT), MALTODEXTRIN. PALM OIL, ROASTED ONIONS, MILLED WHEAT, POTATO STARCH, SALT, LACTOSE, GARLIC, SODIUM CASEINATE, CHIVES, WHITE PEPPER, NUTMEG, TURMERIC, CITRIC ACID, CARAMEL COLOR.
CONTAINS: WHEAT, EGG, MILK, MAY CONTAIN SOY.
|DIST. & SOLD EXCLUSIVELY BY:||ALDI
BATAVIA, IL 60510
|Other||PER ½ CUP
4g SAT FAT (18% DV)
880mg SODIUM (38% DV)
3g TOTAL SUGARS
ALDI TWICE as NICE GUARANTEE
✓ item replaced
✓ money refunded
PRODUCT OF CZECH REPUBLIC
MORE FOOD REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.