- RSS loading...
"Casino FunPak™" (Game Boy)
An original casino game for the Game Boy. Although it presents playable games, you're better off with titles like "Caesars Palace."
Nothing like casino simulation for the young kids to enjoy, isn't it? Not to sound overbearingly controversial, as things are nowadays, but I, too, had a great deal of fun playing casino video games at home without being confronted by another belly-itching security guard acting like they're doing their job. While there are a handful of casino games for the handheld, we decided to give this a try.
The music playing both on the intro and game floor gets repetitive, even giving you the option to turn the music off. The controls are as responsive as you can get as there isn't much when it comes to point-and-click. The graphics aren't too bad for a Game Boy game, and some of the animation were neatly done.
For the gameplay, it's simply casino gambling. If you care to know, according to gambling experts, the game you have the highest chance of losing happens to be Roulette and given how awful the odds are in this game, Slots is another game you're also likely to lose. That eliminates two games out of five already, but having played Blackjack, Craps and Video Poker, your chances of winning are a bit more favorable. Better yet, you have the best odds playing Blackjack, so you may as well concentrate on that. For Video Poker, it's tough because even if you hit a Jacks Or Better, it still doesn't count as a win. For Craps, you'll get a kick out of the video animation of a hand rolling the dice, though you don't actually see the dice out of the hand. The animated gesture of the hand is good enough to turn into a GIF meme (you read it here first).
Tournament mode is welcome to any player, randomly choosing any of the five games available and keeping your winnings recorded at the end of the day. This is best when you've already gotten a feel for the games because they play a little different than the modern casino games of today.
While it's a neat little title, there isn't much a kick that simulates the exact playing of a real casino gaming experience. Personally, having thought I landed some winning hands on Video Poker that never counted as wins really turned me off. Maybe because I've grown accustomed to various poker games like Joker's Wild or Aces Wild.
This is one of those games that are easy to pick up in order to complete your collection. As for playing the game, the simulation of experiencing an authentic casino gaming isn't much to miss. Currently, I'd recommend those PC casino games often priced at pocket change.
- An okay casino simulation.
- Decent animation and controls.
- Music is repetitive.
- Difficult to win, even just to break even.
- One of the least memorable casino games on the Game Boy.
|Game Title||Casino FunPak™|
|Description||VEGAS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS!
Interplay brings the excitement of Vegas to your GAME BOY with Casino FunPak™. All the famous games of chance and skill are right in your hands whenever you want to try your luck.
Take a spin on Slots or play for big stakes with Video Poker. Move over to the Craps, the Roulette wheel or take on the dealer with Blackjack. Or select Tournament mode and tour the casino for a a series of dramatic turns of fate.
This pack brings the thrill of the gaming tables to your GAME BOY. So, you don't have to be a high roller to enjoy the excitement.
|ISBN / Bar Code number||0 40421 81014 7|
|Video Format||1.33:1 (4:3) Full screen|
|Audio Format||Mono (Stereo via Super Game Boy)|
|Released||January 1995 (US)|
|Disk/Cartridge Count||One (1)|
|Genre||Gaming / Simulation|
|Licensed by||Nintendo / Interplay|
|Company||Nintendo / Interplay|
|Product / Item Number||DMG P ACFE (981116)|
|Copyright||Nintendo, Game Boy and the official seals are trademarks of Nintendo of America Inc.
MADE IN JAPAN.
NINTENDO, GAME BOY AND THE OFFICIAL SEALS ARE TADEMARKS OF NINTENDO OF AMERICA, INC. © 1989
NINTENDO OF AMERICA, INC. © 1993 INTERPLAY
PRODUCTIONS, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
CASINO FUNPAK IS A TRADEMARK OF INTERPLAY
|Other||Interplay Productions, Inc.
16815 Von Karman Avenue
Irvine, CA 92714
MORE VIDEO GAMING REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.