- RSS loading...
NFLPA Quarterback Gummies
These neat gummies will bring out the NFL fanaticism in you. Perfect for both casual and diehard fans of every kind, all will enjoy this simple treat featuring the fans' favorite players.
I found this at a dollar store and thought to myself, "How could something NFL-related not sell well?" This isn't a product by Nestlé, but looking at the profile, yes, this is by the NFL Player's Association. Besides labor agreements in avoiding season-ending lockouts and fair pay, it's an odd area where a sports group decided to take a shot at an edible treat, or in this case, gummies. I have to hand it to them though for not venturing in the food world with something simple, nothing too ambitious.
Having picked this up wondering why it's not available at big stores, and knowing I'm surrounded by big sports fans, especially NFL football fans, I'm certain even the diehards have never seen this product, nor have they tried it. Quarterback Gummies, huh? Actually, it's football-shaped gummies featuring the numbers of the package's players—could be the "Rising Star" players or the reigning champs. As you can tell, they spelled Peyton Manning's first name wrong, being spelled with an "A." I don't want to imply that that's the reason this product never flew off shelves, but come on, spell the players' names right. I recall a college basketball game on ESPN, about to transition to an NBA Basketball game, and the graphic showed in reference to pro NBA athletes misspelled LeBron James' name as "Labron James." I don't know if these people still have jobs, but if a manager approves and allows such misspellings to pass, then that's poor management. Not able to properly spell certain words is one thing, but a person's name? Embarrassing.
The taste? I'm really surprised because it's actually delicious. This makes a great snack during your break time at work or at recess in school. It's tender and soft, not too sweet, and enough to hold you over until your next big meal. If anything, it's merely the same consistency as the popular gummy bears/worms that the kids love. Other than that, the contents is enough; Not too much, not too little. I actually like this product.
Since Colin Kaepernick's number is on one of these packages, it may trigger some insecurities and anger from those still disgusted by his anti-American protest which blew up the Internet. Whatever and however you feel about that, I was standing up while I was eating the gummy with his number on it, prior to this review.
There, I said it.
- A fun treat for kids and adults who are big NFL football fans. Gummies aren't too sweet and will ease your hunger.
- Not sold at NFL games, for some reason.
TRY OUR OTHER PRODUCTS
AARON RODGERS; JULIUS PEPPERS; ALL PROS; RISING STARS; ANDREW LUCK; DREW BREES
ALEX SMITH, ANDY DALTON, BEN ROETHISBERGER, CALVIN JOHNSON, CAM NEWTON, COLIN KAEPERNICK, ELI MANNING, JJ WATT, JOE FLACCO, MATT RYAN, MATTHEW STAFFORD, PAYTON[sic] MANNING, ROB GRONKOWSKI, RUSSELL WILSON, RYAN TANNEHILL, TEDDY BRIDGEWATER, TOM BRADY, TONY ROMO
Additional players coming soon!
|Bar Code Number||8 18480 01106 1|
|Net Weight||3.5oz (100g)|
|Product Number||#1106 / 13017315|
|Serving Size||40g (8 pieces)|
|Servings per Container||2.5|
|Total Fat||0g - 0%|
|Saturated Fat||0g - 0%|
|Cholesterol||0mg - 0%|
|Sodium||5mg - 0.2%|
|Total Carbohydrate||36g - 11%|
|Dietary Fiber||0g - 0%|
|Ingredients||Corn Syrup, Sugar, Beef Gelatine, Apple Juice From Concentrate, Citric Acid, Palm Oil, Artificial Flavors, Carnauba Wax, Bees Wax, Colors (Yellow No.5, Red No.40, Blue No.1, Yellow No.6).|
|Other||* May contain traces of gluten, soy lecithin, milk and products of milk.
NO HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP
Distributed by: KERVAN USA LLC dba TROPHY BRANDS
52 E. Union Blvd. Bethlehem, PA 18018
Please visit our website: www TrophyBrands US.
Made in Turkey
©2015 NFL Players Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.
Please visit our friends at Athlitacomics: www.athlitacomics.com
Sports Heroes - More Than Athletes!
MORE FOOD REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.