- RSS loading...
Planters Cheez Balls
Nice to see a brand bring back one of the products that sold decently back in the eighties and nineties to compete in today's market. As for the 'cheez' balls themselves, it hasn't changed, and still tastes amazing as ever. This is as retro as you can get.
At this point in time, it's obvious what's going on lately: The nineties are making a huge comeback. GOOD! Even though I was born in the late eighties, growing up and living through the nineties couldn't have been a best time for me, personally. It was a childhood I'll never forget (we can keep going and talk about weekend morning cartoons, pogs, yo-yos, Saved By The Bell, Spice Girls, tie-dye shirts and the list continues on). Back when kids went out to play, compared to staying in with their smartphones and tablets, there was a time when my parents packaged a neat snack to go with my lunch. This was one of them: Planters' Cheez Balls! Youngsters may giggle at the branded item for using the word "balls," but until you understood the experimental trend(s) food companies tried back in the nineties and earlier, you'll never understand a good thing when you tried it (remember Surge soda?).
Snacks like this defined my childhood. Since I was too young to hold onto a video game handheld console like the Nintendo Game Boy, a snack like this was my parents' way of keeping me busy as opposed to whining and crying—like the kid we all were. Keeping my indulgence in tact, I'll never forget the taste: crunchy, a little salty but satisfying and 'cheesy.' I was young so I couldn't take down as more than 5 to 6 pieces. Fast forward to today, and I cleaned slate.
Compared to the taste I recalled back then, this comeback I found a little less salty yet more attention on the cheese part. The size of the pieces seemed smaller compared to its original release—either that or I still had small hands. In other words, the taste hasn't changed despite the decrease in the salty content. The design of the canister is as retro as you can get, really playing the part of a Time Machine living through my childhood as an adult, exploring all that I wasn't able to (my personal reason for admiring the past).
This simple yet awesome comeback deserves the attention here at FOODSOTROS, and rightfully so. Prove to Kraft Heinz that you're as nostalgic as I am and continue to blaze back the time when complaining didn't mean you were right, boys and girls got along without question and everyone's idea of fun was going out to parks, mini explorations and dining at various restaurants (generally, that was the case for me, as it may be different for others).
Thank you so much, Planters! Keep 'em coming; Highly recommended!
- A classic brand coming back to sell one of their popular products of puffs (cheese balls). Packaged in a cylindrical container giving that retro feel. The taste remains the same and is as delicious as ever.
Cheese Flavored Snacks with other natural flavor
|Bar Code Number||0 29000 02386 4|
|Net Weight||2.75 OZ (77.9g)|
|Distributed by||KRAFT HEINZ FOOD COMPANY
CHICAGO, IL 60601
|Serving Size||1 oz (28g / about 37 balls)|
|Servings Per Container||about 3|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||6g - 9%|
|Saturated Fat||1g - 5%|
|Cholesterol||0mg - 0%|
|Sodium||150mg - 6%|
|Total Carbohydrate||18g - 6%|
|Dietary Fiber||0g - 0%|
|Sugars less than||1g|
|Ingredients||DEGERMINATED YELLOW CORN MEAL, SOYBEAN AND/OR CORN AND/OR CANOLA OIL, DRIED CHEESE BLEND (WHEY [FROM MILK], SEMISOFT CHEESE [PASTEURIZED MILK, CHEESE CULTURE, SALT ENZYMES], SUNFLOWER OIL, LACTOSE, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, MALTODEXTRIN, WHEN PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, SALT, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, NATURAL FLAVOR, CITRIC ACID, LACTIC ACID, YELLOW 6, YELLOW 5, ANNATTO [COLOR]).
PER 1 OZ SERVING
1g SAT FAT 5% DV
150mg SODIUM 6% DV
FOR BEST WHEN USED BY INFORMATION,
PLEASE SEE DATE PRINTED ON PACKAGE.
PLEASE INCLUDE CODE NUMBER FROM
BOTTOM OF CAN IN ALL CORRESPONDENCE.
visit us at: planters.com
please have package available
CANISTERS ARE FILLED BY WEIGHT
SOME SETTLING MAY OCCUR.
© KRAFT FOODS
MORE FOOD REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.