- RSS loading...
Royal Gelatin Cherry
This is an underrated brand that packs big flavor in a small box. Also sells a larger box, and comes in a variety of flavors such as orange and lime.
Unless you're sugar-conscious, I can't imagine anyone disliking gelatin. It's been a treat we've all grew up with and made us happy when we took a break from watching TV, playing with our action figures, playing video games, playing in the playpen—you know, kid things. And what better way to pave the way to take a look at some delicious gelatin?
Don't let the small box fool you. Although the box was simply designed without any bragging and punchy phrases to try to catch your attention, this red box has a formal presentation. With this cherry flavor, along with added preparation options in the back of the box, I found the taste to be very light but just the right amount of sweetness. Adding the right amount of water, even if added a little below the required portion, the result was very good and wasn't too viscous. In other words, what I mean is it doesn't harden to the point where it's like those dry, sugar-coated gel pieces you get at candy stores (you know what I'm talking about). The flavor wasn't very strong either; Many people would beg to differ but I actually liked it.
I eat this a lot, and if I have the time, prepare it with delicious fruit to really spike the flavor of the gelatin. Overall, it's not too heavy and not too sweet. It is just right. Because the flavors aren't too strong, folks may call out about that with this product so it's something to take hold of, if you're strict on having strong flavor. That "Artificial Flavor" tag on the front box isn't the best thing to place there as it may detract buyers. (I understand the artificial flavor may explain why it's not so strong. Still, picky eater or not, it may not appeal to buyers knowing that what they're looking at isn't a natural, fresh-flavored product, despite the process in producing this gelatin.)
Excellent product, Royal®! I'm a fan.
- Fresh-tasting and firm when prepared properly. Cherry flavor stands out and is a bit sharp-tasting.
- The word "artificial" on the box.
|Item||Gelatin - Cherry|
|Bar Code Number||0 72392 01044 8|
|Directions||For Quick Set: Add 6 large ice cubes in place of cold water; stir until melted. Refrigerate until firm, about 1½ hours.
To Mold Gelatin: Do not use Quick Set method. Following Basic Directions, decrease cold water to ¾ cup. To unmold, loosen edges of gelatin from mold with tip of knife; dip mold just to rim in warm water for 5 to 10 seconds. Shake to loosen. Top with plate; invert plate and mold. Remove mold.
To Add Fruits or Vegetables: Drain well and add up to 1½ cups when chilled gelatin is slightly thickened. Caution: Gelatin will not set if fresh or frozen pineapple, mango, guava, fig, papaya, gingerroot or kiwi fruit or juice is added. Canned pineapple may be used.
|Manufactured by||© The Jel Sert Company.
West Chicago, Illinois 60186 U.S.A.
|Net Weight||1.4 OZ (40g)|
|Product Number||WB5141 / PR.01044|
|Serving Size||½ cup prepared (10g)|
|Servings per Container||4|
|Calories from Fat||--|
|Total Fat||0g - 0%|
|Sodium||110mg - 5%|
|Total Carbohydrate||8g - 3%|
|Ingredients||Sugar, Gelatin, Fumaric Acid, (For Tartness), Sodium Citrate (Controls Acidity), Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: Natural And Artificial Flavor, Salt, Disodium Phosphate (Stabilizer), Aspartame* and Acesulfame Potassium (Sweeteners), Red 40, Blue 1.
|Other||For product information and great recipes visit our website at www.jelsert.com.
Please include the product manufacturing code in consumer correspondence.
MORE FOOD REVIEWS
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.